• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AJ Styles better run: WWE vs TNA

jml4life

Boom
@Blue
Reaction score
aj-styles-wwe-tna.jpg

Wwe surprisingly treaded him like a big star cumming in

I didn’t see all aj styles
Entire tna run but did anybody? What I did see where good matches but always askward charavtrt

Wwe

Wwe surprisingly treaded him like a big star cumming in

I didn’t see all aj styles
Entire tna run but did anybody? What I did see where good matches but always askward charavtrt

Wwe

His athletic peak may have been in TNA but his peak as a professional wrestler was in WWE.

His promos and “character” in TNA were atrocious. Couldn’t talk to save his life. He improved tenfold in WWE and became a great character. All while only being a step or two off from his athletic prime.

His athletic peak may have been in TNA but his peak as a professional wrestler was in WWE.

His promos and “character” in TNA were atrocious. Couldn’t talk to save his life. He improved tenfold in WWE and became a great character. All while only being a step or two off from his athletic prime.
And although he may be off from his athletic prime I still think he was as good or maybe even better in the ring. Experience and psychology can make up for losing a step. And in some cases it actually pays off to be a step slower , because they need to slow down a bit more. Shawn Michaels and aj are both great examples of that

AJ in WWE was an instant top guy, always hovering around upper mid/top guy when needed and always a leader in any group he's involved with.

In TNA he was made to be a lackey to Russo, Christian, Angle and Flair.....only used on top as a transitional champion and immediately bumped back to the X Division when that division needed saving because the company would always forget it existed.

WWE.....I would've never thought that a decade ago.

He had good matches, but he was so bad on the mic. He must've taken some acting or public speaking courses, because his mic work in WWE is pretty damn good, and night and day compared to his "Jeff Hardy"-like cringe inducing mic work in TNA.

Overall, he's just a better character in WWE. Better look, better attire, better personality...

His first 3 years in WWE particularly. They kinda are hit and miss with utilizing him lately. His X-division run in TNA was fantastic. But TNA misused him often and had him hit or miss even more than WWE has these past 3 years.

Nah, by the end of his run there he was the legit Ace.
Going to NJPW made him into the guy everyone likes now.

TNA/NJPW had more good matches, but WWE has made him a name, legend now, more money and respect.

Hes also in a good spot now, you can immediately insert him into the title picture and its believable (like Kevin Owens)

He was a guy I figured WWE would bury shortly after signing but they actually did right by him. A grand slam champion in both companies, you could make an argument either way.

He's a better promo in WWE but he probably had some of the best matches in TNA history (vs Daniels/Joe).

Back