Addiciton

I probably have a shopping addiction but who cares. It’s fun lmao. Money comes, money goes, money comes back again. No real damage I think.

I love Diet Coke. I got off it for awhile but recently got into it once again. Needing a drink of it every day.

And then there’s cutting/self harm. Not sure if that’s “light” addiction or not. It’s kinda gross. I don’t have the stomach for it anymore but keep doing it anyways. And I get buzzed off of the feeling.
What do you cut?

How's that work?
Like is there some physical adrenaline hit or dopamine or something?
What's the draw to that?

Alcohol and I put a sprinkle of instant coffee in it sometimes. Sex, weed and nicotine.

I was drunk, I'm drunk right now.
-Denzel

What do you cut?

How's that work?
Like is there some physical adrenaline hit or dopamine or something?
What's the draw to that?
Face and legs are my main areas. But I’ve cut all over tbh. I started out cutting my arms when I was 12 until I was 14, so they’re truly fucked and I have recently gone back to that area. It’s winter so I can still hide it for the time being. My rational brain says not to get caught but when you’re in the moment you don’t give a fuck and get reckless.

I’ve never looked into the scientific info on it, but I’ve heard it releases endorphins. I’m to the point now where I get high off if it. Just totally buzzing. Then I have the come down.

The only appeal it has is that I’ve stunted myself too much emotionally to have the tools to deal with my emotions in a healthy way, so when the feels get to be too much this is a way to “release” the build up. Other than that, it’s totally stupid. It grosses me out, it can be embarrassing, whatever. But I still do it.

Mine is travel. Want to see as much of this rock as possible before I croak. Meeting interesting people is a side bonus.

could u please elaborate ?
thanks in advance shermano

Just saying that if you're feeling depressed and burning bridges it's probably for a reason. You're making all the wrong decisions. When you start making the right decisions you'll feel better about yourself and start building new bridges.

At least that's how it worked for me. I had a ton of friends and beautiful gfs in my late teens, early 20s. I never really earned it though because I hadn't accomplished much. I burned bridges and broke hearts acting like a fool usually on some substance. That led to a 6-8 year period where I was objectively a loser.

It was a rebuilding period though in hindsight. When I started making good decisions I steadily improved to where fast forward ten years and I've got a great life and feel pretty good about it.

Get the substances under control. Alcohol can be the worst. Spend your time reading, working out and get the best job you can currently get and immediately start making a blue print to get to the job you want. Get comfortable being alone until you actually prefer it. Most importantly find a mate that is better than you. Work on surrounding yourself with good people that do what they say they're going to.

You can't go back to being carefree and popular without first becoming worthy for admiration.

Last edited:
Face and legs are my main areas. But I’ve cut all over tbh. I started out cutting my arms when I was 12 until I was 14, so they’re truly fucked and I have recently gone back to that area. It’s winter so I can still hide it for the time being. My rational brain says not to get caught but when you’re in the moment you don’t give a fuck and get reckless.

I’ve never looked into the scientific info on it, but I’ve heard it releases endorphins. I’m to the point now where I get high off if it. Just totally buzzing. Then I have the come down.

The only appeal it has is that I’ve stunted myself too much emotionally to have the tools to deal with my emotions in a healthy way, so when the feels get to be too much this is a way to “release” the build up. Other than that, it’s totally stupid. It grosses me out, it can be embarrassing, whatever. But I still do it.
Yhank you for the honest explanation and good luck.

Life is hard and can be very overwhelming, so I dont judge, but I wish you the best. We all have our ways of dealing with shit.

Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

I wonder if body modification could be a way to channel that habit, then you could have a tattoo or piercing as a reminder of whatever experience or troubling time in your life was affecting you, but you consolidate the pain into the experience of the tattoo/piercing giving you control over it and a reminder.

That would still involve pain, but you would control it. Certainly piercings can be sensitive and a bit painful even after they have healed, such as nipple piercings (which no one in day to day life would have to see), ear piercings thru thicker parts of cartilage.

Tattoos could cover up scarring if you ever chose to do so, and that could symbolically put that in the past if you got to a point where you wanted that.

Have you ever seen a movie called "Strangeland" starring Dee Snyder from Twisted Sister? It is a low budget horror movie from the late 1990s and part of the theme of the movie involves pain related rituals and the idea of using pain as a tool and being in control of it rather than being in fear of it.

Weed. I'm still having trouble putting it down. I'd like to. I've been being a bitch about it. I have a great life and its not causing me any real problems but it could and I'm using it to moderate my feelings which I know is not good and leads to a false reality.

Back