8 years ago Today Conor Koes Jose Aldo

Interesting Conor would go on to only win 3 fights in the next 8 years, losing 4 and being finishing in all 4, with a losing record since leaving FW.
This doesn’t even count the TKO loss to Mayweather. I feel like the phrase “he was never really that good” is more applicable for Connor than any other fighter in UFC history. It’s really sad and funny to reflect on how the entire casual MMA fanbase went all in on this guy based on little more than a dumb Irish accent.

It's probably cause he turned it down so Diaz got it instead.

Why do you keep spreading this fuckin lie sir?
Someone paying you to spread this shit on toast?

First of all it wasn't an "immediate rematch", it was a short notice rematch in the division above where Aldo lost.
It being a division above means Aldo wouldn't have the opportunity to get his fuckin title back.

You have said this same horse shit every time this subject is brought up.

How about some fuckin context next time ffs.
Fuckin ridiculous narrative you like to carry on with.

Why do you keep spreading this fuckin lie sir?
Someone paying you to spread this shit on toast?

First of all it wasn't an "immediate rematch", it was a short notice rematch in the division above where Aldo lost.
It being a division above means Aldo wouldn't have the opportunity to get his fuckin title back.

You have said this same horse shit every time this subject is brought up.

How about some fuckin context next time ffs.
Fuckin ridiculous narrative you like to carry on with.

My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is afraid and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere.

I'm so sorry this happened to you but it's been 8 years.

But that’s impossible! I distinctly remember Aldo saying “anytime, anywhere,” about the rematch, so there’s no way he wouldn’t turned it down.

EDIT: 👆See above

The assist goes to Big John..

DrDyHI2.gif
Conor TKO’d Aldo, BJM KTFO Aldo confirmed.

I don't remember Teh chris being on that card and losing. I guess i was so stoked to see Hosay get Flatlined in 13 seconds. But damn, He's still my Boy.

My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is afraid and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere.

I'm so sorry this happened to you but it's been 8 years.

Oof. Nice receipts.

Conor should've stayed at 145lb after the Alvarez fight. i don't care what people say, he was best there and the fights that could've been made there with him would be better than getting beaten up and finished by fuckin gatekeeper Nate Diaz.

I remember that day, like it was yesterday. I was working that morning (I start at 5:30, when the main event usually starts here) I found an illegal stream, bought a cup of coffee and didn't even manage to make one sip of said coffee when the fight was already over...I expected a war, so it was quite a let down.

Some night that was. Devastated for Aldo at the time but was a moment of magic from Conor.

Such a shitty a take. He turned down a rematch at 155 on 11 days notice. He was never offered an immediate rematch for the title (which is a courtesy most long term champions or even short term if Dana likes them get).

To see Aldo lose would be already bad.
To see him lose to a brash guy like Conor was even worse.
But on top of that a fucking 13 seconds KO was just too much.

The fight game is brutal.

Back