News Dustin Poirier reacts to UFC 291 being on the same night as Spence vs Crawford boxing match

Sick85

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dustin-Poirier-12.png.webp

On July 29, Dustin Poirier will return to the Octagon. When he does so, he’ll go head to head with Justin Gaethje for the vacant BMF championship. The hope for ‘The Diamond’ is that a victory could vault him back into the title conversation at lightweight.
However, the UFC isn’t the only game in town on that night. In addition, the long-awaited Errol Spence Jr. vs Terence Crawford collision will finally take place. It serves as one hell of an evening for combat sports fans, regardless of which you prefer.
“I don’t know if it’s gonna affect pay-per-views, I think fans might buy both,” Poirier said. “I’m kinda upset I’m not gonna watch that live, I’m a big boxing fan. To me, this is the Super Bowl.” https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/dus...terence-crawford-i-think-fans-might-buy-both/ Which will you guys be watching?

Both.

My boy Sergei Lipinets might get the co-main slot for the Spence vs Crawford card so if he does I will probably be there for that. Then watch the UFC on delay.

waiting on his manager to finish their 11th hour negotiations
fingers-crossed-i-hope-so.gif

Last edited:
First Gaethje calls BMF belt stupid, now Poirier is implying that he'd rather be watching Bud vs Spence. Dana White about to put this card up for free on Spike to counterprogram Al Haymon.

Last edited:
First Gaethje calls BMF belt stupid, now Gaethje is implying that he'd rather be watching Bud vs Spence. Dana White about to put this card up for free on Spike to counterprogram Al Haymon.

Sorry, but I'm laughing at anyone thinking Dana is going to give us something for free, as well as thinking most people here aren't going to stream both, lol.

The UFC and Haymon will work this out to where when one main event ends, the other will begin. I'm watching both.

Both of course, remember when the original BMF fight happened? Who was also fighting that same night? Lets all hope they are not that dumb to put Main event vs Main event at the exact same time.
First Gaethje calls BMF belt stupid, now Gaethje is implying that he'd rather be watching Bud vs Spence. Dana White about to put this card up for free on Spike to counterprogram Al Haymon.
This is Poirier tho, did Gaethje commented about going against boxing on the same night?

Sorry, but I'm laughing at anyone thinking Dana is going to give us something for free, as well as thinking most people here aren't going to stream both, lol.

The UFC and Haymon will work this out to where when one main event ends, the other will begin. I'm watching both.
Both of course, remember when the original BMF fight happened? Who was also fighting that same night? Lets all hope they are not that dumb to put Main event vs Main event at the exact same time.

This is Poirier tho, did Gaethje commented about going against boxing on the same night?
Last time they did the BMF fight it was going up against Canelo/Kovalev.
They had to wait until Jorge/Diaz was over before starting the walkouts from I remember, but I'd say this situation is a bit different since on paper Spence/Crawford is a much bigger fight compared to Canelo/Kovalev was.

They had to wait until Jorge/Diaz was over before starting the walkouts from I remember, but I'd say this situation is a bit different since on paper Spence/Crawford is a much bigger fight compared to Canelo/Kovalev was.
And neither Dustin or Justin are the draw Diaz and Mas are/were

“Hey Errol and Terrence it’s Dustin the dingleberry Poirier here! You guys wanna buy some hot sauce?!?”

Obviously MMA is now on the same level as boxing - just look at what the fighters make and classic belts like........ the BMF belt.
Yeap, the sport has really come into its own.

Isn't Canelo the biggest name in boxing atm?

The question is who's waiting for who? Last time this "made up" belt was on the line, the face of boxing had to wait for the fight to finish. Let's see if Poirier and Gaethje are true superstars

Back