Is Masvidal a draw anymore?

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Saw the Colby thread, so I'm asking about Mas

At one point, he had a lot of draw power. He was coming off that insane viral KO over Ben, a fake-belt Superfight with Nate, that had a lot of intrigue, not to mention the Rock, and his fight with Usman did over a mil in PPV. I think that had to do with the curiousity of fight island, and people being stuck at the beginning of Covid, too, but nevertheless....

He lost the rematch, and got utterly smoked by Covington, which did less than 400k.

Outside of some superfights, with a good dance partner like Conor or someone....
Does anyone care anymore?

I think to a casual, you could replay his finishes of Till and Ben over and over. It would cause people to tune in.

I personally, still like watching him fight, in spite of his K.O loss. He has a lot to offer

No. Masvidal had a brief, albeit significant time in the limelight which he tried to milk for all it was worth. But that time is over. His last fight with Colby did very pedestrian numbers.

Most of his fans were bandwagoners who fell off specifically after Usman shadow realmed him.

He's now 0-3 and begging for a title fight against the man who ironically, gave him his stardom to begin with. People forget it wasn't KOing Darren Till that made Masvidal a sensation. It was the backstage sucker punching of Leon Edwards that turned him into everyone's favourite fighter overnight.

Who knows. They don’t release ppv figures anymore.

I think that’s probably an indication that most of their PPVs are selling really poorly. I can’t imagine what type of person would every pay $80 for a UFC ppv in 2023 . It’s like choosing to pay for tap water or something lol.

In the sense that when he fights again, he'll sustain " co main event " status which is sad but it pays to keep him in that slot until he dives off that cliff.

After the last year of UFC PPVs, 400k buys is at the top of the heap.

This tweet was posted in May, it doesn’t include all of 2022. They did less than Gaethje-Oliveira, so they actually did less than 400k

No.

Absolutely not.

Getting his feet stomped on to the tune of 50-45. Was bad. Getting KTFO in 6 minutes was worse. Losing 50-45 to Colby said it all.

Pearl Harbouring Colby with a group of thugs blew that whole farce to smithereens. Only the lowest of the lowbrows even wants to know him anymore.

It’s time for Burns to put an end to this bogus gangster’s 15 minutes.. Which were literally 15 minutes too long.

de342b83-13ed-438d-b9ae-8499c83de65d_text.gif

I'm sure he would bring in an extra 100k buys to a PPV. Idiots need heroes too...

Backyard cookouts used to be the stage but the sucker punching and fur coats have made him a star, I guess.

Last edited:
After the last year of UFC PPVs, 400k buys is at the top of the heap.

Probably not something you want to brag on. And the only reason it did those numbers was because of the back story with Colby. What is the story that is going to sell against Burns?

yikes-well.gif

seinfeld-cosmo-kramer.gif

no, thankfully this idiots 15 minutes are up!

No.. you’re right.

That time that he wore the exact same bathrobe out in public that Conor wore, was BADASS..

Except Conor didn’t even acknowledge that pathetic clown.

I actually almost had some pity for that g-ball. For about one millisecond..

AgonizingShinyAmericanmarten-size_restricted.gif

No.. you’re right.

That time that he wore the exact same bathrobe out in public that Conor wore, was BADASS..

Except Conor didn’t even acknowledge that pathetic clown.

I actually almost had some pity for that g-ball. For about one millisecond..

AgonizingShinyAmericanmarten-size_restricted.gif
Itll take more than that.

Back