Wilder wants Ngannou in boxing and MMA

Ngannou won't beat Usyk or Fury in a million years in boxing.

But Deontay is interesting. I think he's probably one guy that Ngannou has the best chance against, out of Joshua, Fury and Usyk.

Deontay weighs like 220 right now and he's not the most technical guy out there, you know? Obviously, Deontay is way more likely to win that fight, since Ngannou can't box for shit, but probably the best guy he could fight, because I don't see him beating other three in this life or after.

And he's probably not beating lesser boxers either, that are ranked in the world.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Ngannou can't box for shit, but hey, all I'm saying with Wilder is probably the best fight for Ngannou because he will most likely get fucked up whoever he fights at the world level, so why not fight the guy who will likely engage with him and isn't the most technical guy out there, and who he will out weigh by like 60 pounds.

But Deontay is interesting. I think he's probably one guy that Ngannou has the best chance against, out of Joshua, Fury and Usyk.

Deontay weighs like 220 right now and he's not the most technical guy out there, you know? Obviously, Deontay is way more likely to win that fight, since Ngannou can't box for shit, but probably the best guy he could fight, because I don't see him beating other three in this life or after.

And he's probably not beating lesser boxers either, that are ranked in the world.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Ngannou can't box for shit, but hey, all I'm saying with Wilder is probably the best fight for Ngannou because he will most likely get fucked up whoever he fights at the world level, so why not fight the guy who will likely engage with him and isn't the most technical guy out there, and who he will out weigh by like 60 pounds.
He would obviously be the underdog in boxing but I agree his best chances are against Wilder. Deontay is often criticized for his lack of skill and being over reliant on his power. Would be an interesting boxing match and the best career move if there is an MMA match with him as well. Francis should definitely take this over a Fury boxing match. He’ll most certainly lose that and he won’t have a chance to redeem himself in MMA.

I mean it's probably better to get flashed KOed than to sustain a prolonged beating which he would against someone like Fury so in that way it is a more suiting fight.

Ngannou has 2 things going for him, 1 is his crazy power and the second is that there is zero tape on him boxing and he's not trained as a boxer. While this is bad in a way it also means he's much harder to predict. I think the reason Conor was able to land some of the shots he did on Mayweather is because of that very same fact. These guys are used to preparing for other boxers that have years of boxing training and are used to sparring with guys like that too.

If Ngannou goes in there and tries to outbox any of them of course he would get whooped. However if he maybe learns a couple techniques he has never used before in mma, some different punches from different angles and he goes in there and fights like a wild man who knows...

Who would want to see Wilder in MMA at this point? He's 37 years old. He gets taken down to the ground and never gets back up, not very interesting.

Ngannou has 2 things going for him, 1 is his crazy power and the second is that there is zero tape on him boxing and he's not trained as a boxer. While this is bad in a way it also means he's much harder to predict. I think the reason Conor was able to land some of the shots he did on Mayweather is because of that very same fact. These guys are used to preparing for other boxers that have years of boxing training and are used to sparring with guys like that too.

If Ngannou goes in there and tries to outbox any of them of course he would get whooped. However if he maybe learns a couple techniques he has never used before in mma, some different punches from different angles and he goes in there and fights like a wild man who knows...

oh hey you again

hi-wave.gif

Um, I think Conor is WAY better boxer than Ngannou, and I've been really high on Ngannou as a MMA striker, he's great, I think he arguably has the best UFC HW resume, but he really can't box.

Conor actually can. And Mayweather was past his prime. Ngannou is trying to fight HEAVYWEIGHT world class boxers who aren't. At least not entirely. And I think Mayweather WAS wary of what you said, because no one knew about Conor's boxing.

Over the years, reading about MMA vs boxers sparring, I think the idea is that earlier on MMA guys can hold their own, then boxers take over.

I don't think there's any technique that Ngannou can use to give him any advantage. Ngannou hits hard, but how hard does he hit at HW boxing, no one knows either.

I don't see Ngannou beating any world class heavyweights. But if there's one guy I'd angle for a fight against, it would be Deontay. Yes, he is dangerous, but Ngannou is getting outboxed and likely finished against anyone he'd box, probably.

So why not against a guy who's not as technically sound as others, and who you will outweigh by 60 pounds?

Wilder most likely finishes him but yeah, I'd say prob best case scenario.

If there was no such thing as Tyson Fury Deonte Wilder might be thought of as the greatest heavyweight of all time. He has only lost to Fury and has knocked out every other fighter he has ever faced.

I think because of the Tyson Fury fights people have forgotten how good Wilder is. Francis has a small punchers chance and that’s it. No way he can hang with Wilder and stay on his feet, especially if it is a twelve rounder.

Wilders record is 43-2-1
43 Knockouts
2 losses to Tyson Fury
1 Draw with Tyson Fury

Last edited:
If there was no such thing as Tyson Furry Deonte Wilder might be thought of as the greatest heavyweight of all time. He has only lost to Fury and has knocked out every single fighter he has faced but one.

I think because of the Tyson Fury fights people have forgotten how good Wilder is. Francis has a small punchers chance and that’s it. No way he can hang with Wilder and stay on his feet for twelve rounds.

43-2-1

yeah but Ngannou isn't beating anyone good, why not Wilder who's not as technically sound as others but has that gift

Ngannou is getting fucked up against whoever he boxes anyway, so I'd say take a chance against Wilder.

All the top boxing HWs are interested in the UFC champ, very lucrative future incoming ..

Who would want to see Wilder in MMA at this point? He's 37 years old. He gets taken down to the ground and never gets back up, not very interesting.
Age doesn't matter when you are still knocking people into the shadow realm. Age matters when fighters lose their fight to age and can't keep up or compete anymore. If the performance is still on point, age is a moot point.

If you watch boxers against street fighters in boxing, the street fighters actually look decent in the first round for exactly this reason. The unorthodox punches take a bit to get a read on. Sure the boxers usually take over from the second round onward but they do get caught a bit in the first round. With Francis’ power and Deontay’s suspect defence, that first round would be interesting.
In MMA Francis steamrolls him. He would have 40-50lbs on him.

Wilder isn’t a great technical Boxer compared to Fury and Usyk.

But Frank’s Boxing will make Deontay’s Boxing look like Fury and Usyk.

And neither Fury nor Wilder will ever have an MMA fight against Ngannou. They’ll destroy him in Boxing and then pretend he doesn’t exist.

Wilder isn’t a great technical Boxer compared to Fury and Usyk.

But Frank’s Boxing will make Deontay’s Boxing look like Fury and Usyk.

And neither Fury nor Wilder will ever have an MMA fight against Ngannou. They’ll destroy him in Boxing and then pretend he doesn’t exist.
Wilder is the one proposing a two fight deal. If he decides to sign something like that he’ll be contractually obligated to fight Francis.

Back