The end of era is here - Prospects - past, present and future.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So, um, I've lost a thread that I was working for like two weeks, off and on. I'm super bummed out about it. I write long threads, but it was probably the longest of them all. I was hoping to finish by the Fedor fight, which really feels like the end of the era, with Shogun and Glover also having retired recently, but...

I can't find it in me to start writing it again, so instead of me writing it out, I will just pose the questions that I was trying to answer myself, which in turn I would have asked the Sherbros the same questions anyways.

1. Who were the prospects that you were expecting big things from but didn't work out?
2. Who were the prospects that you followed from early on, and did find great success?
3. Who were the fighters/prospects that surprised you with their development?
4. Who are the prospects that you are watching right now?

Cheers.

First off that sucks that you lost your thread.

Just curious were you writing your long thread your working on Sherdog? Or were you writing it somewhere else. I usually write long threads that I'm working on in my hotmail drafts so I can save it and work on it even more if I'm not done yet. And than when I'm done, I just copy and paste it on Sherdog.

Reason I do that I worry that I'd lose a long drafted thread on here.

1. Rustam Khabilov

52rustam-khabilov-vs-vinc-pichel-720p-hd-3-german-suplexes-copy-2.gif

Part of me feels like his career was put on the back burner to facilitate Khabib’s

First off that sucks that you lost your thread.

Just curious were you writing your long thread your working on Sherdog? Or were you writing it somewhere else. I usually write long threads that I'm working on in my hotmail drafts so I can save it and work on it even more if I'm not done yet. And than when I'm done, I just copy and paste it on Sherdog.

Reason I do that I worry that I'd lose a long drafted thread on here.

Thanks bro, much appreciate it.

Um, I usually write it and copy and paste it and save it somewhere else, but this time I just left the window open that had my thread on for a few days, so I just write and edit here and there, and then when I decided to close it, i copied the thread just in case I lose it, but when I opened the Sherdog again, it was still there, so I never pasted it elsewhere, then just kept on writing and editing since.

You know, like those times there's a little voice in your head saying you gotta do something, but then you are like, nah it should be fine, one of those times...

I mean it makes no sense why I didn't save it elsewhere, but for whatever reason, I didn't.

I think I thought that there was no way I could write this much and have it all gone, in hindsight.

1. Rustam Khabilov

52rustam-khabilov-vs-vinc-pichel-720p-hd-3-german-suplexes-copy-2.gif

Part of me feels like his career was put on the back burner to facilitate Khabib’s

I remember Khabilov, def one of the guys that didn't pan out the way he thought.

See? This is why it's good to ask other Sherbros, because for some reason I forgot about the guy, when I thought of him highly back then too.

In hindsight, how crazy is it that Adriano Martins beat Islam AND Khabilov?

Thanks bro, much appreciate it.

Um, I usually write it and copy and paste it and save it somewhere else, but this time I just left the window open that had my thread on for a few days, so I just write and edit here and there, and then when I decided to close it, i copied the thread just in case I lose it, but when I opened the Sherdog again, it was still there, so I never pasted it elsewhere, then just kept on writing and editing since.

You know, like those times there's a little voice in your head saying you gotta do something, but then you are like, nah it should be fine, one of those times...

I mean it makes no sense why I didn't save it elsewhere, but for whatever reason, I didn't.

I think I thought that there was no way I could write this much and have it all gone, in hindsight.

Oh man that blows, I hate that when that happens. When you work so hard and put so much time on something and then it's gone. That takes a huge wind off of you that's for sure. And it's understandable to lose motivation after. So I can relate.

Oh man that blows, I hate that when that happens. When you work so hard and put so much time on something and then it's gone. That takes a huge wind off of you that's for sure. And it's understandable to lose motivation after. So I can relate.

Yeah I thought about quitting Sherdog for a bit there, but oh well...

still here lol

opossum-peace.gif

Yeah I thought about quitting Sherdog for a bit there, but oh well...

still here lol

opossum-peace.gif
You could do it again, I'm sure there would've been a lot of insight in your post. I understand that you probably feel disgusted, but when that happens to me, I often find that this is an opportunity to better organize my ideas, add some things and remove other...

It's up to you anyway, but I understand not wanting to start again right now.

1. Who were the prospects that you were expecting big things from but didn't work out?
Damacio Page,Rustam Khabilov,Daniel Acacio,Ryo Chonan,Ivan Sallavery,Roger huerta

2. Who were the prospects that you followed from early on, and did find great success?
Khabib,Zhang Weili,Rampage Jackson,Michael Bisping,Frankie Edgar,Miocic,Cormier,Aspinal

Kenny Florian,Luke Rockhold,Henry Cejudo,Jan Blachowicz

Bo Nickal,Said Nurmagomedov,Umar Nurmagomedov,Sharaputdin Magomedov,Tatsuro Taira

You could do it again, I'm sure there would've been a lot of insight in your post. I understand that you probably feel disgusted, but when that happens to me, I often find that this is an opportunity to better organize my ideas, add some things and remove other...

It's up to you anyway, but I understand not wanting to start again right now.

Thank you, I just put so much time into it, and most of time I get shit on from every side so it's thankless endeavor anyways, lol

0f7bb6a4a111f61498d080df0ec93e5d_w200.gif

You are right though, it could lead to better writing, but this was me like moments ago so, lol...

200w.gif

But, regardless,

War Gane!

200w.gif

But, regardless,

War Gane!

200w.gif
If he gets that belt by defeating fucking Jon Jones, I'd get fucking crazy. He could get wrestlefucked by blaydes in his next fight I wouldn't care lmao, the guy is deserving too.

Damacio Page,Rustam Khabilov,Daniel Acacio,Ryo Chonan,Ivan Sallavery,Roger huerta

Khabib,Zhang Weili,Rampage Jackson,Michael Bisping,Frankie Edgar,Miocic,Cormier,Aspinal

Kenny Florian,Luke Rockhold,Henry Cejudo,Jan Blachowicz

Bo Nickal,Said Nurmagomedov,Umar Nurmagomedov,Sharaputdin Magomedov,Tatsuro Taira

Yes, who saw Jan coming? That was def surprising. Ken Flo was better than I thought. Too bad he retired early.

Umar is so good, I can't wait to see Merab vs Umar.

Imagine if someone told you Bisping was going to beat Luke, Hendo and Anderson?

To be fair to Huerta, I think he ran into Florian, Maynard and Eddie. I think he may never have recovered mentally, maybe.

Reactions: HHJ
If he gets that belt by defeating fucking Jon Jones, I'd get fucking crazy. He could get wrestlefucked by blaydes in his next fight I wouldn't care lmao, the guy is deserving too.

well if Gane can beat Jones, who will come in like Prime Cain Velasquez trying to wrestlef*ck Gane, he probably won't get wrestlef*cked by Blayder.

We will see. His grappling looked terrible, but maybe he really just didn't expect Ngannou to wrestle. And Jones hasn't looked good since he popped for PED, arguably.

DeficientSpiritedGuillemot-max-1mb.gif

Since Chonan is getting some love, which doesn't happen a lot if at all, obligatory gif.

Chonan was winning that fight too.

DeficientSpiritedGuillemot-max-1mb.gif

Since Chonan is getting some love, which doesn't happen a lot if at all, obligatory gif.

Chonan was winning that fight too.
He was,and he also had a good fight with Joey Villesenor which people dont really talk about.

Also against Carlos Newton he had awesome armbar escapes.

well if Gane can beat Jones, who will come in like Prime Cain Velasquez trying to wrestlef*ck Gane, he probably won't get wrestlef*cked by Blayder.

We will see. His grappling looked terrible, but maybe he really just didn't expect Ngannou to wrestle. And Jones hasn't looked good since he popped for PED, arguably.
Yeah, I was kinda joking because I certainly don't want to see him losing against wrestlers again and again. It seems that Blaydes is getting more confident in his striking. Also, he has lost fight by shooting. Gane may not KO in one shot early in the fight, but he can still knee, and is light on his feet.
I'm sure his TDD training includes knees to the face :D

1. Who were the prospects that you were expecting big things from but didn't work out? - Will Brooks... he was amazing before he came to UFC, he was the Bellator champion and looked really good, I honestly thought he mnight be UFC champ or at least fight for it and be in number 1 contender fights. I was shocked how awful he was in UFC, all his fights were dreadful.. he went 1-3 in UFC and then got cut, and even the 1 win was a very close lacklustre decision

2. Who were the prospects that you followed from early on, and did find great success? - Jon Jones, I actually saw him fight in his 2nd pro fight, way before he was in UFC. He was so creative and I thought he could go far.

3. Who were the fighters/prospects that surprised you with their development? - I'd probably say Volk, when he first came to UFC he looked like a decent fighter to me, but nothing really stood out, just basic leg kicks and basic jabs and some holding against the fence exchanges. I would have never thought he will go on to be the champion and also defending the belt.

4. Who are the prospects that you are watching right now? - Jailton Almeida really impresses me, he is good everywhere and I can see him being the champion at LHW or HW, because the divisions are beyond poor and he is very talented and skilled, would not surprise me to see him champ.

I remember machida pre UFC. In the who is Ryoto days. Then him coming to UFC and continuing to use his style and win.

I remember hearing about Conor during his dual run in cage warriors. I watched his fights, thought he was good, but never ever thought he'd get to where he did today.

Back