Ariane Lipski vs. Priscila Cachoeira

Preliminary Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Sam Alvey
Terrance McKinney vs. Erick Gonzalez
Takashi Sato vs. Bryan Battle
Jason Witt vs. Josh Quinlan
Cory McKenna vs. Miranda Granger
Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Stephanie Egger

Random thoughts. I always enjoy the top two fights so I'll be watching those. Step up for Hill, let's see how he does.

We've got The Ultimate Fighter Finals. Since I watched all of this season I'm pumped for it.

Zac Pauga is probably the favorite over Mohammed Usman. Pauga has skills and good fight iq. Looks and acts like a coordinated, strong athlete. Usman has some KO power but he's erratic. His distance control and striking technique need improvement. Has a long way to go before reaching the level of his brother. Most everyone in the TUF threads feels Pauga should cruise to victory. Usman could still catch Pauga with a shot if Pauga lets his guard down for a second.

Brogan Walker should be the favorite over Juliana Miller. Walker has experience, a nice overhand right and has faced all kinds of opponents. Miller was a dark horse this year. She's more of a grappler than striker. Fights emotionally and has earned fans because she's relentless and aggressive. Charges forward like a raging bull. Should be a fun scrap.

Augusto Sakai vs. Sergey Spivak. No idea. How is this fight?

Ariane Lipski vs. Priscila Cachoeira. I'll always watch Ariane, like her style. Cachoeira has improved since her UFC debut. She's actually pretty good.

Undercard. Wow, Alvey again. Yikes. The odds must be astronomical in favor of Olesksiejczuk. Same goes for McKinney over Gonzalez. KO's coming up!

I really can't see Santos beating Hill...he has gotten way too slow and predictable.
Not too bad of a fight night card. Neal Vicente should be a banger. Not sure if I've seen Usman's brother fight yet...let's see what he has.

I'm at the point where I very rarely watch an entire card, especially a Fight Night. For PPVs, I generally watch a couple of the prelims then the full main card. For Fight Nights, I often just watch the top 1 or 2 fights live, then circle back later if there was anything else interesting on the card (often there isn't). The real world is far too busy/interesting to waste a Saturday on watching low-level regional fighters masquerading as UFC fighters.

Reactions: Gio
Actually not a bad card for the weekend.

Rooting for the ladies: Hope Cory McKenna bounces back on her last split decision loss. She's still very young and I hope she can live up to her full potential. She have a lot of fights ahead of her and hope she do all the right things.

Picking Lipski to win. Looking at her IG, she's really putting in the work in her training and seems focused. She looked good in the Mandy Bohm fight and not taking anything away, but Bohm imo isn't really that ready for the UFC yet, so I'm hoping to see more improvement from her and show why she's nicknamed "Queen of Violence". Priscila is tough, she can throw leather, and she can still push forward in the later rounds so I hope Lipski is ready for a hard fought 3 round battle.

I think Juliana Miller takes the TUF crown for this season. I just think it's her fight to win. She's younger and I think she'll utilize her size advantage with her good grappling and win a decision. But I won't mind if Brogan wins. She has the experience advantage and if she can stick to her gameplan, be the busier fighter, and avoid bad positions, it might go the other way around.

The one I'm really looking forward to on this card is Luque vs Neal. Must win for both. They're both really humble and respectful guys that's why the match is kinda being overlooked in the division with all those trash talking WW's on twitter. I like them both but slightly rooting for Neal to win this. He has gone through a lot of setbacks and health issues in the past couple of years and I hope he finally puts it all together. He had a hype at some point (6 straight UFC wins and has already beaten Belal Muhammad) and I hope this is his time now.

Thank you for these weekly threads, @PurpleStorm! This is a great idea.
<Wink2>

Not a terrible card, will download and watch on Sunday - looking forward to:

Main Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Thiago Santos vs. Jamahal Hill
Vicente Luque vs. Geoff Neal
Zac Pauga vs. Mohammed Usman

Preliminary Card – ESPN / ESPN+ – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Terrance McKinney vs. Erick Gonzalez
Takashi Sato vs. Bryan Battle

Jason Witt vs. Josh Quinlan

Back