PBP KSW 70: Pudzianowski vs. Materla, Sat. 5/28, 1 PM ET/10 AM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the insane KSW 70 main event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
KSW 70.jpeg
Saturday 5.28.2022 at 1 PM ET/10 AM PT
U.S. Broadcast: KSWTV.com
Venue
: Atlas Arena
Number of MMA Bouts: 9

NOTE: We are implementing LIVE THREADS. To enable them, click on your status bar (Your username on top of the screen) and go down to "Join User Groups". If you join in on the "Live Threads" usergroup, you will automatically be a part of this.

What it means is that you will no longer have to refresh the thread when viewing it, as new posts will be added automatically.

KSW 70 (KSWTV.com, 1 PM ET/10 AM PT):
HW: Mariusz Pudzianowski (16-7, 1 NC) vs. Michal Materla (31-8)
HW: Ricardo Prasel (12-3) vs. Daniel Omielanczuk (25-12-1, 1 NC)
205: Ivan Erslan (11-1, 1 NC) vs. Rafal Kijanczuk (11-4)
HW: Marek Samociuk (3-2) vs. Izuagbe Ugonoh (1-1)
205: Damian Piwowarczyk (5-0) vs. Bartosz Lesko (11-2-2)
185: Radoslaw Paczuski (3-0) vs. Jason Wilnis (2-0)
W115: Anita Bekus (5-2) vs. Roberta Zocco (3-3)
188: Albert Odzimkowski (11-6, 1 NC) vs. Tommy Quinn (9-5, 1 NC)
163: Lukasz Rajewski (11-7, 1 NC) vs. Francisco Albano Barrio (9-2)

KSW 70 Weigh-in Results:
Mariusz Pudzianowski (256) vs. Michal Materla (222)
Ricardo Prasel (239) vs. Daniel Omielanczuk (254)
Ivan Erslan (206) vs. Rafal Kijanczuk (205)
Marek Samociuk (256) vs. Izuagbe Ugonoh (236)
Damian Piwowarczyk (206) vs. Bartosz Lesko (204)
Radoslaw Paczuski (186) vs. Jason Wilnis (185)
Anita Bekus (115) vs. Roberta Zocco (116)
Albert Odzimkowski (188) vs. Tommy Quinn (188)
Lukasz Rajewski (163) vs. Francisco Albano Barrio (163)

2536.png

fc9RiCD.png

Here's the weigh-in video, look at how shredded 45-year-old Pudz is in the main event

If you can't watch live, be sure to catch the live Official Sherdog Play-by-Play, because yes, I'm running that behemoth tomorrow (Saturday) and it's going to be pure madness. I can't wait.

(real link will be up soon?)

Saturday MMA PbP? Heck yes. Count me in. Thanks for the thread JP.

RR0rxgF.jpg

[MMA]
KSW 70: Pudzian vs. Materla
Łódź, Poland

Main Card – iPPV (KSWTV.com) / Fight Network – 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT
Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. Michał Materla
Daniel Omielańczuk vs. Ricardo Prasel
Rafał Kijańczuk vs. Ivan Erslan
Radosław Paczuski vs. Jason Wilnis
Izuagbe Ugonoh vs. Marek Samociuk
Damian Piwowarczyk vs. Bartosz Leśko
Albert Odzimkowski vs. Tommy Quinn
Łukasz Rajewski vs. Francisco Albano Barrio
Anita Bekus vs. Roberta Zocco

What's the background on these two guys? Both top HW contenders in Euro fighting for a title? I'm not as familiar with this organization or these fighters. It seems one was a heavy man competitor before

What's the background on these two guys? Both top HW contenders in Euro fighting for a title? I'm not as familiar with this organization or these fighters. It seems one was a heavy man competitor before
Pudzianowski was World's Strongest Man about 4 or 5 times, years ago. He was a monster back then and has now transitioned to MMA with KSW organization and gets highly paid by them.
He has also lost a lot of weight to be able to compete with others.
This is how he used to look....... :eek::eek::eek:
06-01-mariusz-pudzianowski-055-j6rn51.jpg
Mariusz-Pudzianowski.jpg

Pudzianowski was World's Strongest Man about 4 or 5 times, years ago. HE was a monster back then and has now transitioned to MMA with KSW organization and gets highly paid b them.
He has also lost a lot of weight to be able to compete with others.
This is how he used to look....... :eek::eek::eek:
View attachment 925454
View attachment 925455
Jeez! Would not like to be on the ground with that guy!

Jeez! Would not like to be on the ground with that guy!
yeah he's a bit of a monster. Super strong even now he is at something like 260lbs. I don't know what he used to weigh....probably around 330 to 350lbs when he was at his biggest.

EDIT : He was apparently around 315lbs when he was doing the World's Strongest Man competitions.

Last edited:
Pudz never won a KSW belt, but he's been a mainstay in the company for years at HW and SHW. Materla holds most of the KSW records, like most wins, most knockouts, most finishes, most fights, blah blah. It's a "legend vs. legend" thing, even though Materla hadn't ever fought above 205 (or maybe 209, but don't quote me on that).

I don't have a perfect parallel, so the best I can offer is like if Anderson Silva went up to fight Tim Sylvia. Materla's 38, Pudz 45.

What are the options to watch this thing? I see the main link for viewers in America - I'm in Europe, tho, are there any free streams over here?

Not like illegal pirated streams, that's totally illegal and I'm not asking anyone for that.

What are the options to watch this thing? I see the main link for viewers in America - I'm in Europe, tho, are there any free streams over here?

Not like illegal pirated streams, that's totally illegal and I'm not asking anyone for that.
In Poland (and other parts of Europe) it can be watched on Viaplay Sport Polska.

Back