Fanbases That Would Vanish Overnight After 1 Loss

bogeyj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what are some [false] hypertrains where the fanbase on Sherdog would completely vanish after 1 loss?

I hate to say it but Olives has a fake fanbase on Sherdog. if he were to lose and end his current streak I feel like everyone would turn on him and say he was always overrated. I feel like people only jumped on the bandwagon now because he's the only guy at LW that could beat Khabib/Islam and prevent Dagestani domination

Even Khamzat, I feel his fanbase is delusional enough to stick with him even if he got lost a few times (his fans would make excuses for him like the pathetic Ramadan excuse). The Russian fetish is real on here.

Last edited:
Oliviera is:
a. a long time veteran
b. a guy who's got a ton of amazing finishes
c. currently the defending champ

Yeah, he's got fans. No, they aren't going anywhere.
There is always a contingent of fair weather fans that jump ship the minute a fighter loses. But yeah of anyone, Charles probably will lose the least amount of fans when he finally loses for the reasons you listed.

You're a pretty pathetic fan imo if you stop supporting a fighter after a big loss.

Depends on what made the fanbase, fans to begin with. If its a fighters personality, win-loss-ratio does not matter (see Chael Sonnen), same if a fighter represents a certain demographic and that demographic makes up most of the fanbase. They'll support their guy in good and bad times.

If the fanbase exists purely due to hype, they're a lot easier to lose once a hypetrain derails (I dont see a lot of people dying to watch Barao for example).

If its due to an entertaining fighting style, the fanbase will exist as long as the fighter is fun to watch. One boring performance and 90% latch onto whoever else is entertaining.

If its due to a dominant fighting style, everyone and their mother will go "I told you so" the second that fighter struggles.

Hell typing this out I realize I'm basically describing the average Sherdogger.

what are some [false] hypertrains where the fanbase on Sherdog would completely vanish after 1 loss?

I hate to say it but Olives has a fake fanbase on Sherdog. if he were to lose and end his current streak I feel like everyone would turn on him and say he was always overrated. I feel like people only jumped on the bandwagon now because he's the only guy at LW that could beat Khabib/Islam and prevent Dagestani domination

Even Khamzat, I feel his fanbase is delusional enough to stick with him even if he got lost a few times (his fans would make excuses for him like the pathetic Ramadan excuse). The Russian fetish is real on here.
What is the logic that Olveira is somehow is better than Khabib if he beats Islam when Khabib beats up Islam every day.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

It's just Khabib haters clinging on to whatever they can like desperate men without a life boat.

That O is never going to go.

IzOkNgLpLMnhG6TcnFR4RB-te2HjBVsewRIM--rEFmnVHIssihcSjnWuV-lkz4ZCVevJ=s0-d-e1-ft

032eddfee4e410ef9ee28165787fddb8.gif

I hate to say it but Olives has a fake fanbase on Sherdog.

Bullshit. He doesn't have a "fake fanbase" like Islam, and most of those guys are just Conor haters. Real MMA fans who've been following the sport for more than 5 years appreciate Oliveira and his accomplishments, nobody here is ballwashing him the way Khabib worshipers have been doing.

Wasteland this garbage.

Bullshit. He doesn't have a "fake fanbase" like Islam, and most of those guys are just Conor haters. Real MMA fans who've been following the sport for more than 5 years appreciate Oliveira and his accomplishments, nobody here is ballwashing him the way Khabib worshipers have been doing.

Wasteland this garbage.
Islam fans are "Conor haters" ?
<WhatIsThis>

It's amazing you think a 1-3 LW even has that much pull. I can see somebody saying Islam fans are Khabib fans (which is probably true as he's the LW Goat and coaches him) but Conor haters? LOL

Oliviera is:
a. a long time veteran
b. a guy who's got a ton of amazing finishes
c. currently the defending champ

Yeah, he's got fans. No, they aren't going anywhere.
The majority of love he’s getting is from Khabib haters. He’s basically a convenient vehicle for them to minimize the Khabib legacy.

This is what a "hype train" means. If theres a loss the train gets derailed.

Classic recent example is Johnny Walker. We thought he might be the guy once he gets KO'd by Corey we know he's not that guy.

Someone like Charles I feel many if not most of us know he's not an ATG except for the "live in the moment" crowd who are always going to hype the current champ and stars regardless of context. Charles is more of an established thing this sort of thing is typically applied to up and comers.

At least 50% of Oliveira's fans are just salty McGregor fans/Khabib haters. A bunch of the people calling him an all time great right now will switch and call him overrated and shit on him if he loses his next fight.

Back