Gaethje vs Oliveira Odds

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
They're pretty close, Oliveira is just a slight favorite

Screenshot_20220127-001220_Samsung Internet.jpg

Skill wise Beneil Dariush is right up there with Oliveira and Gaethje too but he's a 3 to 1 underdog against Islam next month. Just shows again how Islam would be favored to beat any LW.

I wonder if Oliveira will try Khabib's blueprint to beat Gaethje of putting constant pressure. I don't think it would work as well for Oliveira because he doesn't have the TD thread of Khabib and he gets hit a lot. With Dustin and Chandler both dropping Oliveira, Gaethje has a good chance of catching him IMO.

This is almost Goober territory at this point. I can't hate on the love and passion for one's favourite fighter lol

I'm sure Goober way very sad when Mercer knocked his ass out

I wonder if Oliveira will try Khabib's blueprint to beat Gaethje of putting constant pressure. I don't think it would work as well for Oliveira because he doesn't have the TD thread of Khabib and he gets hit a lot. With Dustin and Chandler both dropping Oliveira, Gaethje has a good chance of catching him IMO.
Well Oliviera kinda always puts the pressure on. In his last 3 fights he's always been the one to set the opponent on the back foot. Obviously resulted in him getting dropped a bunch but still. I expect him to do the same here.

Most people don’t put Dariush in the same category as Oli and Justin skill wise so I don’t think it means Islam would be heavily favored over them too. If you do then I suppose it means you think that but that’s about it.

Most people don’t put Dariush in the same category as Oli and Justin skill wise so I don’t think it means Islam would be heavily favored over them too. If you do then I suppose it means you think that but that’s about it.

Not heavily favored but most likely Islam would be -200 or more against either Oliveira or Gaethje.

Khabib was -315 against Gaethje even before everyone realized how weak his ground game was. This was when Gaethje was considered to be Khabib's toughest match-up with TD defence and KO power. I know Khabib and Islam aren't the same but it adds perspective.

No it really isn’t. The only reason you made it was so you could brag about Islam.

There's a lot easier ways to brag about Islam, my yellow-carded fellow Albertan, than to make a thread with odds of a recently announced fight between separate opponents.

Your Islam hate-obsession doesn't let you see that. Sad.

islam-makhachev.gif

Better hope nobody catches that glass chin

You wonder about that? Oliveira is always putting the pressure, why should he not fight like he always does, he was very successful doing that...
Has nothing to do with Khabib and blueprint... Do Bronx is going to do what he did in his last 10 fights.

Last edited:
Back