Who wants to see Costa Vettori run back at MW?

rstringer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I really would want to run that fight back at MW and get some closure. I really don't think you can make a convincing argument that any fighter won decisively and would love to see a rematch at the originally set weight class.

Thoughts?

It would have made sense if Costa had won, since he was the gaming the system for an advantage, but there's no reason to give him a rematch after he still lost even with the size advantage.

But Marvin is the lineal Franklinweight Champion now.
That would be Vitor, he beat Franklin then defended against Rumble and retired as the Franklinweight Champion :p

This fight was at 205 anyway, they talked about making it at 195 but apparently Costa even refused to do that.

No, cuz that’s dumb.

Costa’s reward for being so unprofessional is going to be getting caved in against a real 205’er.
Just what we, the audience that watches these animals, needs right?

I understand the punishment desire, but the guy is entertaining and still relatively young. Why see him piss away entertaining years from getting punished by larger 205ers, just because people are crying?

If this happened at 185 and the result was the same or reversed, does anyone really see an israel rematchup this soon? In all reality, what happened when in comes to qualifying for weight classes doesnt matter. We got to see a decent brawl. My only regret is if costa had some more gas. Wouldve loved to see more of those kicks, less labored.

I know they are both technically contenders but I had zero interest in the first fight. Not interested in battle of the bar stars part II

Costa loses the advantage he had from not cutting (size, power, durability and cardio). Basically the fight looks the same only now he and Marvin weigh nearly the same, Marvin still has great cardio and durability....... Costa has worse cardio, less power, less durability, likely gets taken down with less effort and loses another 5-6 years off his kidneys. The results will be the same but worse. Yes book it.

I mean, I would watch it of course. It was a fun scrap. But I'd rather see new matchups instead, and I'd rather see Costa stay at 205.

Down the line, if it makes sense - sure. But Vet should move on to better things, meanwhile Coster should get a win over someone. Maybe fight Till next, if it's a MW bout.

Back