Media Aspen Ladd's corner

He seems very honest, critical maybe but it was gradual as the fight progressed without results, he's invested clearly.

Fascinating how some fighters can't seem to change their approach when they're told to, even if they themselves want to do it, as if they're auto piloting instinctively when they go out there.

This is the abuse? I see a coach trying to motivate his fighter & tell her what she needs to do.

<Dany07>

I agree this is not abuse and anybody saying it's abuse it's because it's a female and that would be sexist in my book.

That said, judging her facial expressions and body language, I think she needed some more positive pick me up style of cornering

Lol. The coach is right, she barely looked interested, like she was in an actual fight.

And he was right about her cardio, she was barely puffing after four rounds, and clearly not pushing the pace, even needing a finish.

She doesn’t look coachable, or like she really wants to be there.

I agree this is not abuse and anybody saying it's abuse it's because it's a female and that would be sexist in my book.

That said, judging her facial expressions and body language, I think she needed some more positive pick me up style of cornering
She needed some calories and some rest it looks like. Girl could not perform. Would not be the first time this happened to an athlete. She was bonked. Mentally bonked too after all the drama.

I mean giving concise instructions to gradually questioning her methods because she is fighting like a complete Gump would be infuriating for any coach. Especially when said fighter just got a second chance after blowing a weight cut. Maybe he was wondering why a fight in that situation was so perfunctory in a main event spot. Unfortunately you can't bench a fighter like you can players in other leagues

Some people with extreme delicate sensibilities will be triggered by it

Last edited:
Didn’t catch the fight but I expected much worse based off some of the reactions. Gave a lot of technical advice, became a little frustrated with his fighter for not listening, and tried to motivate her. Never said anything objectively awful or remotely abusive. Nobody has any issue when a coach cusses out his male fighter.

Ok figured out who he was

Last edited:
Also my mind got super dirty. He is all like you need to lead with your backside and BUST.

Back