Praising Homer Simpsons

LeBron

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I keep hearing about Ortega and other fighters stock risking after taking a beating but I don’t understand it. There should be a difference between getting labeled as tough/badass and getting more recognition after getting your shit pushed in.

What gives?

It's okay to praise fighters despite a loss. Ortega solidified his toughness and certified his submission skills even further. Yes he took a beating but he was there in the fifth, still pushing the pace despite getting his face beat in. Maybe people should just try to appreciate fighters more. Maybe?

giphy.gif

“pillowfists” Ortega

Yeah just quit that goes for everything in life. Life is much more brutal than a cage fight. If you don’t like your job just quit immediately. See how life pans out.

Just whatever you do in life just keep quitting. As everything should always be easy and you won’t ever face brutal adversity in life.

so just quit guys. If something is really hard or you don’t like it just quit.

The strangest one was Masvidal in the first Usman fight, post that you’d swear that Jorge won. Usman even pursued the rematch and I’d say it’s because Jorge is a bigger draw than him (and he flatlined him to make it unequivocal)

I keep hearing about Ortega and other fighters stock risking after taking a beating but I don’t understand it. There should be a difference between getting labeled as tough/badass and getting more recognition after getting your shit pushed in.

What gives?

What gives is Brian took an absolute beating and came out in the fifth round ready for violence and managed to win the god damn round.

Your stock as a fighter is more than just wins and losses. The fight will be remembered for a long time and he will be given opportunities because of it.

What gives?
They call it "having heart" and "seeing it through to the end" and "scared of being called a pussy for tapping to strikes", and "mandatory suspension" and "likelihood of CTE". All the things people love in a fighter.

Disclaimer: I saw Silva vs. Stann live and loved it so who am I to judge? Edit: although that's a different situation, more like consenting adults volunteering for brain damage, so...

Eh it was a pretty close round and I thought he edged it out. Looks like only one judge gave it to him though so I may have to re-watch it.

Regardless, it was his best round by a mile and he should have been unconscious by that point.

Gaethje was doing it before Ortega, Diego Sanchez was doing it before Gaethje. Cabbage was doing it before it was cool.
Yeah, but they were winning. Gaethje, for example, walked through his opponent's souls and finished them, they gave their all and still got beat. Meanwhile, besides Khabz, neither Doostin or Eddie felt like winners for multiple weeks after their Gaethje fights. Both said it was a miserable recovery. They weren't at football games the next day.

So it's not the same as just getting a one sided beating before an official L.

As for the OP, I blame the corner. If it's going one way with no hope in sight - just get your guy out of there. Fighters themselves will rarely call it quits, but I wouldn't blame them. Like Nick that same night - I had no interest to see him get mushed for 3 more rounds. He caught enough, that's enough. Live to fight another day. If some kind of honor and what will others think is the reason not to - people will shit on you and discredit your achievements in the future anyway, so just do what's right for yourself.
Yeah just quit that goes for everything in life. Life is much more brutal than a cage fight. If you don’t like your job just quit immediately. See how life pans out.

Just whatever you do in life just keep quitting. As everything should always be easy and you won’t ever face brutal adversity in life.

Winners quit all the time, they just quit the right things.
71DGKjYnTHL.jpg

Last edited:

Best way really

I tried but theres no option to delete Sherdog account

Yeah, but they were winning. Gaethje, for example, walked through his opponent's souls and finished them, they gave their all and still got beat. Meanwhile, besides Khabz, neither Doostin or Eddie felt like winners for multiple weeks after their Gaethje fights. Both said it was a miserable recovery. They weren't at football games the next day.

So it's not the same as just getting a one sided beating before an official L.

As for the OP, I blame the corner. If it's going one way with no hope in sight - just get your guy out of there. Fighters themselves will rarely call it quits, but I wouldn't blame them. Like Nick that same night - I had no interest to see him get mushed for 3 more rounds. He caught enough, that's enough. Live to fight another day. If some kind of honor and what will others think is the reason not to - people will shit on you and discredit your achievements in the future anyway, so just do what's right for yourself.

Winners quit all the time, they just quit the right things.
71DGKjYnTHL.jpg
Oh I know they were winning, that wasn't my point though.

Back