Jones would have made such a great “good guy”

Marko Polo

Thank you Jurgen
@Black
Reaction score
Long unbeaten run. Charismatic and good with media. Contrast to someone like Usman who despite his dominance most can’t listen to for more than 2 minutes.

Its easy on the outside to say what could have been, but who knows what Jon has been dealing with these last few years. Not making excuses for his behaviour but it’s clear that Jon has at least one underlying problem that is preventing him from being the best version of himself. His mother passed away in 2017 and since then he’s just been bulking up for heavyweight - whether or not he actually fights again remains to be seen.

Except he wouldn't be, because a good guy wouldn't use PEDs, and if he had never used PEDs then he wouldn't have been so dominant.

An example of a good guy is Robert Whittaker, but injuries have taken their toll on him. Gee, isn't it a wonder that steroids help fighters recover from injuries, and Jon Jones has had remarkably few long-term injuries compared to other fighters ...

Last edited:
Nah I thought when he tried to play the good Christian guy he came off as very fake.

I think Jon embracing his inner heel suits him much better.

IoEE3RK.gif

Last edited:
Longest unbeaten run ever (as champ). Probably the most talented. That's a fact.

Which is why Jones is the GOAT.

He had to face all those demons, and yet he managed to beat all his opponents.

He's a great bad guy.

Fuck this his fights with Cormier would have been mediocre (1),just good (2) with no beef

He's a great bad guy.

Fuck this his fights with Cormier would have been mediocre (1),just good (2) with no beef

Maybe you’re right. Jon challenges the viewer. If he came out and just started disrespecting everyone it would be too easy to hate him.

Doesn't he have a Bible reference tattooed across his chest? That always makes me chuckle. The greatest trick the devil played on man was convincing them he doesnt exist.

Edit: yikes, just read why he has it (in memory of his sister)

He could've had the shtick that Pride wanted Rapmage to have. The Afro Samurai Bushido Defender Of America type shit.

Reactions: G10
My main and pretty much only gripe with Jones - despite his serial eye poking in the cage - is him just not fighting. He can live his life how he wants to and if he's breaking the law, that's for the law to take care of. But it would've been cool to see him vs Brock, vs Stipe, vs Izzy, now vs Francis. Even him vs Blach, if Jan keeps winning, would be cool.

Longest unbeaten run ever (as champ). Probably the most talented. That's a fact.

Which is why Jones is the GOAT.

He had to face all those demons, and yet he managed to beat all his opponents.
Lol PED use, drugs and being a complete selfish asshole aren't demons, just terrible choices over and over and over again. He is undoubtedly a great fighter, but please he hasn't had to face any demons.

Even Cormier admits Jones whoops his ass with or without steroids

Back