@Steel
Reaction score
Been one of the strongest years in recent memory for ROTY

1315769996.0.jpg

UY4PQ2HCCJPBFPIZVHCN3GQQSQ.JPG

Gregor-Gillespie-UFC-Vegas-26.jpeg

1342563086.0.jpg

FAODnS3WYAMzahD

Try to rewatch/revisit some of these rounds if you dont remember and dont let receny bias fuel you like many do

Jiri v Reyes was the only other one from the list I could remember, voted Volk v Ortega nonetheless.

Haven't seen Gillespie-Ferreira but out of the others I'll go with Volk-Ortega. The others were great as well but that was completely ridiculous for a few reasons. I don't think giving it the nod is a product of recency bias.

Haven't seen Gillespie-Ferreira but out of the others I'll go with Volk-Ortega. The others were great as well but that was completely ridiculous for a few reasons. I don't think giving it the nod is a product of recency bias.
Gillespie-Ferreira was some of the best grappling I have ever seen.

That said, Round of the Year goes to Volkanovski-Ortega IMO. I was on my feet.

Gillespie-Ferreira was some of the best grappling I have ever seen.

That said, Round of the Year goes to Volkanovski-Ortega IMO. I was on my feet.

Yeah I'll have to watch it. I may have seen it but if I did it's disappeared entirely from my memory.

Agreed, I usually don't get too excited but everything that happened in that round was crazy.

That was an awesome round- nearly 2 subs and a finish in 1 rd-

Ferrera vs Gillespie may be my favorite grappling match of all time, but it's a fight to be graded in its entirety, not just by it's round.

Round 3 of Volk/Ortega is going to be burned into my fucking brain until I'm gone. I don't think I've ever yelled as loud at a TV screen as I did last night. Holy shit was that incredible. Recency bias might be sneaking in, but that's the round for me.

Yeah I'll have to watch it. I may have seen it but if I did it's disappeared entirely from my memory.

Agreed, I usually don't get too excited but everything that happened in that round was crazy.

It's exceptional. You should.

They were definitely all great rounds but I think the high stakes of Volk / Ortega elevated it to another level

Gotta go with Jiri because I love him

Jiri vs Reyes and Ortega vs Volk are two of my favorite fights ever though, those two stand far and above the rest this year

The round of the year probably has to go to Volk-Ortega
But the fight of the year with momentum swings has to go to Oliveira-Chandler. I've watched that fight like 50 times since May.

Volk vs. Ortega round 3 is probably one of the greatest rounds EVER. Period.
It could legitimately be one of the greatest moments in sports. If Volk keeps winning or takes another belt it will be one of the most played highlights/rounds for UFC. Should be an ESPN/ESPY award and all of that. It was like the excitement of multiple grandslams or pick six touchdowns in the span of only a few minutes. You could feel the crowd and the energy and how they were even cheering and screaming at Volk when he started the ground and pound because even Ortega fans were shocked.

That is easily one of the best moments in UFC history or MMA history. The shot into guillotine, escape, into ground and pound, into d'arce and triangle, into near finish ground and pound. All heart pounding moments. It was relentless and was at the highest levels of the sport. Two experts, championship fight, one using the technique he is most famous for, the other fighting it off in a way that almost no one has.

Round 3 of Volk - Ortega.
Title on the line and the back-up-forth with both fighters being so close to getting finished.
And, to me, one of the most indelible, inspiring, and visceral performances by a champion in all of pro sports.
I know I wasn't alone when I went berserk in the living room just shouting "what a fucking champ!" over and over again!

From this ---
5b650673464fad45b2443736a5d860980f70a114.jpg

0ir2nifoxsp71.jpg

To this ---

alexander-volkanovski-brian-ortega-i-1632635485.webp

54340d79d3ba9586a0d061ce0e44259c

HEART OF A CHAMPION!

Da Bronx vs Chandler round 1 gets my vote

Closely followed by Leon vs Nate round 5.

Damn, Volk is looking Ortega dead in the eye as he's getting choked, then gets out of it.

Merab vs Moraes had everyone of their stools, crazy round

Back