Is Nunes/Shevchenko trilogy inevitable?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have no interest in seeing either of them fighting anyone else.

It's kinda too bad that Amanda is 2-0 heads up, even though both fights were super close.

I guess you could always get a Holly Holm vs Rousy moment from one of the challengers, but I just don't see it happening since unlike Ronda, Val and Amanda are both deadly strikers who no one can really exchange with.

It's kinda too bad that Amanda is 2-0 heads up, even though both fights were super close.

I guess you could always get a Holly Holm vs Rousy moment from one of the challengers, but I just don't see it happening since unlike Ronda, Val and Amanda are both deadly strikers who no one can really exchange with.

God that would be a hell of a BORING fight

Kinda makes sense timing wise after Nunes likely batters Pena. No real obvious challenge for either left. Get the feeling Nunes isn't going to be around a lot longer anyway. May as well make a fight for all the marbles now.

They should do it at a catchweight. Valentina will probably win if they do that

2 boring fights and you ask for another one?

I doubt it. They aren't going to make this match. Val loses then it damages the 125 lb belt. If Val wins then Nunes cannot entertain a future bout with Shields.

WMMA might as well have Weii Vs Rose 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 Shev Vs Nunes 3-4-5-6-7-8-9
Just resign the rematch after the fight & cut the rest of the entire roster

It is inevitable. And when it happens, nunes is gonna beat her like a drum to make it 3-0 and I can’t wait to see the fan girls cry.

Inevitable?? No. It will never happen.

Why would Nunes ever take that fight? She beat Val twice. She doesn't gain anything from doing it a third time. Why would she take this really hard fight and risk everything she worked for when she has nothing to gain??? She has zero incentive.

Nunes will never take this fight.

Last edited:
Inevitable?? No. It will never happen. Why would Nunes ever take that fight? She beat Val twice. She doesn't gain anything from doing it a third time. Why would she take this really hard fight and risk everything she worked for when she has nothing to gain??? She has zero incentive.

Lets hope you are right. I dont want to see Val fight her again, I dont expect a different outcome. As dominant as Val is fighting ppl her weight class, I cant see her do well against Amanda Nunes

I'm convinced that Valentina should have won the second fight.

Inevitable?? No. It will never happen. Why would Nunes ever take that fight? She beat Val twice. She doesn't gain anything from doing it a third time. Why would she take this really hard fight and risk everything she worked for when she has nothing to gain??? She has zero incentive.

Maybe because there will be no one else to fight, and eventually she will get sick of shills like DC and Anik constantly repeating how Valentina is one of the best regardless of gender, etc....

I don't know, I mean fighters sometimes wanna challenge themselves, and a lot of people claim Valentina should have got the nod in at least one of the fights, maybe Amanda will want to finish her this time and prove a point, you never know.

I don't think it's inevitable. I don't think enough people care either.

I'd like to see the fight though.

I think Valentina is a little slicker and skillful than Amanda, and Amanda is more powerful. Valentina is skillful enough to evade serious damage from Amanda, but not quite strong enough to handle Amanda on the ground or seriously hurt her on the feet. They tend to neutralize one another and any future fights have a high likelihood of being like the first two. Of course, there is always the chaos factor. Anything can happen. I'm only speaking in terms of probabilities.

I don't know. Val looks too small for Amanda now. She seems to have gotten to the perfect weight for her frame.

I think it is going to happen pretty soon and it's probably why Valentina has been experimenting on the ground during live matches despite just dominating her opponents while standing.

Back