Gray "The Bully" Maynard - do you believe his reason for his nickname?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
eK86SR2.jpg

I remember a few years ago some interviewer asked him about his nickname and he said it's because his dog is a pit bull. I think it's more likely that he was probably a bully growing up and the name stuck. But because we live in the post-woke world he has to come up with this new reason for the nickname. What do you guys think about that?

Not trying to bash on the guy I just thought it was hilarious and random as fuck that he said that. It's like a fighter naming himself "The Retriever" because he happens to have a golden retriever dog.

Just own that shit imo. If you were a bully as a kid, it's the fight game, nobody cares.

Better than the nickname Rappin’ Johnny mueller. He never even rapped. So maybe gray wasn’t a bully either.

Would you rather he change his nickname to an original Gray "The Pitbull" Maynard?

It could also be his fighting style. He used to bully his opponents with his power and wrestling, until he ran into Frankie Edgar, who fought back against the bully
10001992.gif

Loved frankie for that win and also beating Penn 3x. And I never cared for Frankies fighting style but he was great still is

Thanks, think we’ve got the answer to the thread.

Do we?

CRITICAL BENCH: Gray, how did you get the nickname, "The Bully"?

GRAY: It comes from my dog Hank, a bullterrier that I rescued from a place that was neglectful. I knew a guy who had a couple pitbulls and a bullterrior and they would fight them. They were being abused. At the time his name was TANK and I would change it to HANK. So, I had to change him! I was like, what do you with a dog while in college? He was a bully, I had to train him and for me, every time I train, I train hard! So, we are BULLIES!

http://www.criticalbench.com/UFC_Gray_Maynard.htm

Better then Chester "Checkers Champion" Chummingsworth

Do we?

CRITICAL BENCH: Gray, how did you get the nickname, "The Bully"?

GRAY: It comes from my dog Hank, a bullterrier that I rescued from a place that was neglectful. I knew a guy who had a couple pitbulls and a bullterrior and they would fight them. They were being abused. At the time his name was TANK and I would change it to HANK. So, I had to change him! I was like, what do you with a dog while in college? He was a bully, I had to train him and for me, every time I train, I train hard! So, we are BULLIES!

http://www.criticalbench.com/UFC_Gray_Maynard.htm
The plot thickens!

He does mention the training hard bit again though.

eK86SR2.jpg

I remember a few years ago some interviewer asked him about his nickname and he said it's because his dog is a pit bull. I think it's more likely that he was probably a bully growing up and the name stuck. But because we live in the post-woke world he has to come up with this new reason for the nickname. What do you guys think about that?

Not trying to bash on the guy I just thought it was hilarious and random as fuck that he said that. It's like a fighter naming himself "The Retriever" because he happens to have a golden retriever dog.

Just own that shit imo. If you were a bully as a kid, it's the fight game, nobody cares.

Usually, Bullies are big people but he was like a Pitbull in his fighting style. Highly aggressive and would go at you and could bring you down.

Back