Most sherdoggers don't understand what MMA evolution is about

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When we talk about MMA evolution, we are not talking about how new techniques are invented. We are talking about how new techniques are being implanted and utilized more in MMA. Like calf kicks and cage grappling for example. MMA fighters getting better at boxing and fighting at a higher pace are also signs of evolution.

Another thing people don't realize is that having better athletes is also part of MMA evolution. As MMA continues to get more popular, it's bound to attract more and better athletes from around the world. I don't think people realize how much more popular MMA is currently compared to the 2000s or the early 2010s.

When we talk about MMA evolution, we are not talking about how new techniques are invented. We are talking about how new techniques are being implanted and utilized more in MMA. Like calf kicks and cage grappling for example. MMA fighters getting better at boxing and fighting at a higher pace are also signs of evolution.

Another thing people don't realize is that having better athletes is also part of MMA evolution. As MMA continues to get more popular, it's bound to attract more and better athletes from around the world. I don't think people realize how much more popular MMA is currently compared to the 2000s or the early 2010s.
True, I only truly got on the train in 2019. Basically when I made my account

The real problem with this debate is that people only focus on the small handful of best fighters. Less than 1% of fighters.

Most of the gains are made further down the rungs. The 11th best fighters of any era is better than the 11th better fighter of the prior era. The 111th best fighter exponentially so.

The very best fighters can overcome whatever evolution has occurred. Because whatever it is they have, is a more valuable variable than a few small gains in evolution.

I remember a

stfu.gif

The real problem with this debate is that people only focus on the small handful of best fighters.

Most of the gains are made further down the rungs. The 11th best fighters of any era is better than the 11th better fighter of the prior era.

The very best fighters can overcome whatever evolution has occurred. Because whatever it is they have, is a more valuable variable than a few small gains in evolution.
True. People who tend to say the sport hasn't evolved at all love to bring up that how Silva and GSP could be champs or top contenders in this era. Like no shit of course they can, they're two of the best and most dominant fighters in the previous era. But that doesn't mean the overall competition hasn't gotten much better.

There are many stagnant divisions these days. There are also a lot of high mileage fighters in the top 5. Dana's contender show brings a bunch of prospects with very limited experience for the UFC to keep the roster fresh.

The way MMA evolved is more about the sport's perception and popularity.

The real problem with this debate is that people only focus on the small handful of best fighters. Less than 1% of fighters.

Most of the gains are made further down the rungs. The 11th best fighters of any era is better than the 11th better fighter of the prior era. The 111th best fighter exponentially so.

I remember a

This guy leaving us on a cliffhanger...

Are you suggesting that MMA fighters came from apes? Is that what you're suggesting? If MMA fighters evolved from apes, then why are there still apes?
Show me a complete fossil record between MMA fighters and apes. You can't can you!?
Bollucks, hogwash and poppycock I say

This guy leaving us on a cliffhanger...
HA! I started editing in a quote by Riggs when Hughes fought Royce. He said every fighter in the UFC could beat Royce in 1995. That was maybe 2007? (NOTE: to be fair UFC had no divisions below 170 or 155 back then, not sure which).

Doesn't make it a fact, just an (educated) opinion by Riggs.

But I got busy, thought I hit cancel, apparently I hit save ;)

What's this "MMA" you keep talking about?

Ts, I will tell you most sherdoggers do understand this

Back