I like fighters and want them to get paid, but I can't follow them on social media.

Herwald

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
There are very few exceptions, but close to all fighters have abysmally boring social media pages with most of it being blatantly insincere product peddling. I feel bad that I dislike it so much cause I want them to make all the money they can and would do the same in their position, but, I don't know, when you scroll through enough of them it kind of hits you that your time is being wasted on adds, effectively. Shit I'm trying to get away from. And they don't even it out with anything interesting. Just products, some schmaltz pic with the wife and kids or look at this thing I bought. No personality, no hobbies, no interests. Great stuff like PMP losing his skateboard in a gutter... it's rare gold. I'm still a fan and would like to support them - even if it's just a like on a pic, but it all feels very discouraging.

I should add that I don't include personal projects like your own whiskey sauce or hot drink into this criticism, or when the theme truly fits like Black Beast and Popeye's Chicken. But some of these guys... feels like they'd try to sell you anything.

Am I wrong? Is this a non issue? Can you recommend fighter pages that are any good?

giphy.gif

That's just social media and this is a non issue.

why did you post this? Are you a woman?
Years ago, I did some fan art for a fighter and I was called a fake fan cause I didn't even follow them on social media, despite having active profiles. But it's cause their pages are awful. It wasn't Bisping, but take him for example - he's my favorite fighter, but I would not follow him.

Anyways, we live in a gynocentric society. Everyone's a woman now.

Sherdog has ads too. They're really annoying and distracting.

By the way, don't forget to pick up your bag of:

C2clogo_o.jpg

There are very few exceptions, but close to all fighters have abysmally boring social media pages with most of it being blatantly insincere product peddling. I feel bad that I dislike it so much cause I want them to make all the money they can and would do the same in their position, but, I don't know, when you scroll through enough of them it kind of hits you that your time is being wasted on adds, effectively. Shit I'm trying to get away from. And they don't even it out with anything interesting. Just products, some schmaltz pic with the wife and kids or look at this thing I bought. No personality, no hobbies, no interests. Great stuff like PMP losing his skateboard in a gutter... it's rare gold. I'm still a fan and would like to support them - even if it's just a like on a pic, but it all feels very discouraging.

I should add that I don't include personal projects like your own whiskey sauce or hot drink into this criticism, or when the theme truly fits like Black Beast and Popeye's Chicken. But some of these guys... feels like they'd try to sell you anything.

Am I wrong? Is this a non issue? Can you recommend fighter pages that are any good?
He’s right you know

If one has a brain

So social media posts have an affect on fighters pay to fight???...

And this seems okay to you?? ..

Theres guys who dont have exciting social medias and sit behind a computer all day not risking their health for your entertainment...and they get paid more...that should not happen...

There is an off switch.

I grew up near Hollywood, seen actors, do you think I cared? If I was in a room with one, I would show respect cause it would be odd to completely ignore one. But, I just don't put worth into objects but try to be genuinely myself and care about the things that are in my control.

The predicament of social media in how it is used and lets you use it has allot of pluses and negatives for stars. It takes away privacy and encourages figuratively prostituting themselves. However, lets them use alternative media and ways of making money.

My last employer manger asked for my social media accounts like a good good buddy would ask me, you know just a very innocent question. I turned around and said, "oh, wait, so what could I do on social media to get fired from this job?" He told me so I said "oh, really, wow. and asked other questions" Then I said, well thats why I don't have social media anything because I have my work life here but my personal life is private and I do whatever I want to do in my private life and no one needs to know. No one needs to know at work if I support this or against that. Use my rights as a person against me cause your a far on the left side politically or offended by this or that.

Last edited:
So social media posts have an affect on fighters pay to fight???...

And this seems okay to you?? ..

Theres guys who dont have exciting social medias and sit behind a computer all day not risking their health for your entertainment...and they get paid more...that should not happen...
Rephrase that, I don't think I understood you.

Rephrase that, I don't think I understood you.

Social media should bare no meaning to the fighters pay...

They should be paid for their in fight work...not whatever exciting or non exciting work they do on social media...

Theres dudes pushing papers who get paid better then warriors dedicating there lives and bodies to our entertainment....they should be paid better then a simple paper pusher IMO..regardless of there social Posts

I jus use social media for fight news.

Rest is henhouse crap...

just stop using it, all of it. live YOUR life, call YOUR friends, if you don't have their numbers they aren't your friends.

Sounds like you're just late to the party of realizing that virtually all social media is just a (intentionally programmed) time-suck to get to your pockets. Good riddance to it and I'm glad you're seeing the light. If you actually know some fighters in FB, they'll all mostly regular people posting regular stuff. If you follow in Twitter or IG....then that's on you in the first place. Don't waste your time (read: life) on that (read: other people's) shit (read: projected facade of what they want other people to see).

when the theme truly fits like Black Beast and Popeye's Chicken.
Sherdog, where blatant racism goes unchecked but if you ask whether a strange lump under a clothed woman's dress is a breast or a belly, you get yellow-carded.

Sherdog, where blatant racism goes unchecked but if you ask whether a strange lump under a clothed woman's dress is a breast or a belly, you get yellow-carded.
<26>

To which Popeye's offered him a deal:

I hope you were just joking trying to smear me like that. But if you didn't, it's actually you who's coming off racist when that's the kind of stereotypical thinking you interpreted my comment with.
Social media should bare no meaning to the fighters pay...

They should be paid for their in fight work...not whatever exciting or non exciting work they do on social media...

Theres dudes pushing papers who get paid better then warriors dedicating there lives and bodies to our entertainment....they should be paid better then a simple paper pusher IMO..regardless of there social Posts
Oh ok. Yeah. Well... yeah. I don't know what to say. It sucks that they have to supplement themselves with social media sponsors, but guys like Conor who have all the money to live a 100 comfortable lifetimes still shill different things, so I doubt most would say no either way. And if you gonna have a public page that you're trying to exploit, at least be, you know, social. Izzy and Lewis, for example, often just repost memes but it helps them get involved with people and gain more attention leading to more sponsorships. Costa is often funny, too. Till is tremendous. If you gonna have it and want people to help you out - I don't think it's weird to want them to to try and post something interesting every once in a while.

Last edited:
<26>

To which Popeye's offered him a deal:

I hope you were just joking trying to smear me like that. But if you didn't, it's actually you who's coming off racist when that's the kind of stereotypical thinking you interpreted my comment with.

Oh ok. Yeah. Well... yeah. I don't know what to say. It sucks that they have to supplement themselves with sponsors, but guys like Conor who have all the money to live a 100 comfortable lifetimes still shill different things, so I doubt most would say no either way. And if you gonna have a public page that you're trying to exploit, at least be, you know, social. Izzy and Lewis, for example, often just repost memes but it helps them get involved with people and gain more attention leading to more sponsorships. Costa is often funny, too. Till is tremendous. If you gonna have it and want people to help you out - I don't think it's weird to want them to to try and post something interesting every once in a while.

Here's an idea: Why don't you reach out to all the fighters and propose to be their social media manager?
Share your brilliance!

Back