How would Anthony Smith do as a fight commentator?

Unfinished

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just finished watching his post fight interview and he said that doing live commentary would be ten times harder than his work at desk but I think he would be much better than DC or Cruz.
How do you think he would do?

I'm surprised at how coherent Smith is, considering how how looks one would assume the opposite.

I think he'd be a good analyst. He's a bit monotone which some people won't like but he's pretty even keel and intelligent. I'd prefer him over Cruz and DC for sure.

Yes, Anthony has great insight and anything is an upgrade from Bisping.

If Roy fought Conor, Conor would have a 2" reach advantage so I think he'd do fine.

Does he still has the TV gig? He might do ok.
Yes, Anthony has great insight and anything is an upgrade from Bisping.
Come on buddeh!! Bisping is one of the good ones.

Just fine IMO. It seems like we have a glut of perfectly acceptable fighters and former fighters to serve as talking heads in events though.

Just fine IMO. It seems like we have a glut of perfectly acceptable fighters and former fighters to serve as talking heads in events though.
Yeah the current commentary is quite fine as long as you watch the events in mute.

He is pretty well spoken. He's just not pretty or clean enough? I like him though

He’s a pretty insightful dude when’s he’s on the desk and doing post fight pressers. His speaking voice doesn’t sound horrible he should probably get a shot at some point

Just finished watching his post fight interview and he said that doing live commentary would be ten times harder than his work at desk but I think he would be much better than DC or Cruz.
How do you think he would do?

He will do well and just get better at it as time goes on because he is his own worse critic which makes him grow. The only thing that won't grow on him is his hair.

He sounds boring AF. Current commentators are ok.

I think Smith would do a good job. He seems smart, and he speaks well. I do enjoy listening to DC, Cruz, and Felder though too. I don't care for Jon Anik that much though. Maybe because the other guys talk so much, Anik can't get a word in. He adds very little to the broadcast in my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back