Burns wants Leon at MSG

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Would be a great fight, but I think the Luque/Chiesa winner should get the call vs Leon instead of Burns. If the Luque/Chiesa winner can't take the fight on 3 months notice then Burns/Edwards is fine.

Edwards vs Chiesa/Luque
Burns vs Masvidal
Imo

Would be a great fight, but I think the Luque/Chiesa winner should get the call vs Leon instead of Burns. If the Luque/Chiesa winner can't take the fight on 3 months notice then Burns/Edwards is fine.

Edwards vs Chiesa/Luque
Burns vs Masvidal
Imo

The best part of this idea is that Leon is on a 9 fight win streak and the third win in the streak is Vicente Luque.

<36>

I like that fight and it's clear that Dana wants to see poor Leon win another.

Edwards wins and then he 1000% gets his shot .... I just dont know if he gets it done.
A huge win for Gilb if he wins , coming off WB win. Division so thin , hed be in line for re mstch.

Hell yeah. Book it.

Burns doing what ur supposed to do as a top contender...

These others guys out there need to take notes...looking at you Colby

Good call out. .

Leon should be next for Usman IMO tho.
Well it seems Colby did the right thing since he got the TS unlike Scott

Well it seems Colby did the right thing since he got the TS unlike Scott

Whats gunna happen when he gets koed again from his own lack of activity and his last win in Woodley...the guy whos now boxing jake Paul..

I dont think it was smart at all...after he loses he will probably have to go talk to this man for work ..
Vince-McMahon-Money-1280x720.jpg

Or maybe he knows he can't win and thats why he's chirping Dustin Poirer so he can moved down after Usman ends him with in 3 rounds

Edwards will just sit out until he gets a title shot. The UFC might pay Edwards to make weight and serve as the back up in case Usman or Covington pulls out.

It is a good idea for Burns to get on the card, especially as the co-main event. If he delivers a highlight reel performance, he might be able to steal the next title shot from Edwards.

As for opponents, there are a lot to choose from. The Chiesa-Luque winner, Muhammad, Brady if he beats Lee, or Chimaev if he beats Jianliang and wants to go back to rapid turnarounds would all make some sense.

Leon is not going to fight Gilbert or anyone represented by Ali

They know that though which is why they are making this "callout"

I am sure the UFC is just knocking down Gilberts door to co-headline another PPV after his stellar performance last go around

He should fight his "brother" Vincente Luque; that is the only acceptable fight otherwise let him drop back down to LW

Would love to see the fight, but this is not a co-main event. Name value I guess, but this is a guaranteed snooze

At this point does it really matter? None of them touch Usman, he's so far ahead of the division.

Edwards will probably puss out, I think Burns finishes him to be honest, Edwards is basically a poor man's Wonderboy.

Not really. The only thing the two have in common is that they're both technical strikers who catch shit from casuals for being boring. But the core of their game is really quite different. Leon doesn't use an open stance and is more of conventional kickboxer, is a fair bit better inside the pocket with his boxing, and most of all he willingly embraces the clinch. Not to mention that he has been known to wrestle/grapple offensively on a whim and not just when he's hurt or pressed and is actually pretty damn good at it. I'd also argue that his defensive wrestling may be better/more proven than Wonderboy's. He lacks WB's arsenal of long-range kicks, though.

Leon is scared to take this fight

Burns will fight anyone, and will destroy Leon

Once Leon gets beat, we can say good bye to his title hopes

I would have given Leon the title shot but since that’s apparently off the table I’m cool with this

The best part of this idea is that Leon is on a 9 fight win streak and the third win in the streak is Vicente Luque.

<36>
Luque will be coming off better wins than Leon though so it would make sense(Woodley & Chiesa vs Nate & RDA).

I actually think Chiesa beats Luque so this may all be moot

Whats gunna happen when he gets koed again from his own lack of activity and his last win in Woodley...the guy whos now boxing jake Paul..

I dont think it was smart at all...after he loses he will probably have to go talk to this man for work ..
View attachment 870326

Or maybe he knows he can't win and thats why he's chirping Dustin Poirer so he can moved down after Usman ends him with in 3 rounds
Yeah cause Colby have been in home scratching his nuts all these months and nothing else.

Back