Apparently Volkov has an Engineering degree.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Curious as to what type of engineering. Regardless, that's always cool to see.

giphy.gif

He has a civil engineering degree. He was a pretty prominent figure in the local MMA scene here.

I can't stress how hard an engineering degree is (electrical and civil). It's basically a physics degree with programming elements (for electrical anyway, I'm not sure about civil). I did an IT degree and I struggled with one math unit in statistical analysis. The math gets exponentially harder from there.

He's a smart dude, even if he doesn't come across that way.

Reminds me of John Cholish who used to compete at 155 in the UFC. Graduated from Cornell and is a Senior VP at a crude oil company now (last I checked when we were connected on LinkedIn)

He has a civil engineering degree. He was a pretty prominent figure in the local MMA scene here.

I can't stress how hard an engineering degree is (electrical and civil). It's basically a physics degree with programming elements (for electrical anyway, I'm not sure about civil). I did an IT degree and I struggled with one math unit in statistical analysis. The math gets exponentially harder from there.

Yeah you’ve got to be really smart to do electrical engineering, plus most are good looking and great people as well.

NB: I have an electrical engineering degree obvs

i think a smart person tend to be a good person. I will root for him.

I remember Goldie mentioning that Murillo Bustamante has an engineering degree as well. So he is in good company.

If he was really smart he wouldn't have covered up his cool manta ray tattoo with a stupid samurai

Reminds me of John Cholish who used to compete at 155 in the UFC. Graduated from Cornell and is a Senior VP at a crude oil company now (last I checked when we were connected on LinkedIn)
Totally different realms
Cholish is a wrestling bro who does some finance stuff trading energy contracts after got plugged into the boys club at a firm thru being good enough to wrestle at Cornell. Definitely pays well and a hyper competitive industry, but it's not built around academic achievement moreso sales and basic math and guys like him landing gigs on Wall Street are honestly a dime-a-dozen among Ivy League sports recruits who don't get scholarships but had pipelines for getting recruited to sell shit on wall st working long hrs.
Going to a specialized Russian school for a hard-sciences degree having nothing to do with your sporting career is far more intellectually impressive imo.

Last edited:
Yeah you’ve got to be really smart to do electrical engineering, plus most are good looking and great people as well.

NB: I have an electrical engineering degree obvs
How's life in your mum's basement?

Joking! Good on you bro. Electrical engineering is probably the hardest degree you can do. Learning low-level programming on top of all the math...it takes a unique brain.

I'm doing my masters in data analytics and I was an ammy fighter. I can't say I'm good looking with all the face punching, but I get by.

I'm sure you're making bank with your degree. My industry is crazy competitive.

That's like 90% of Russians I've met here in the US. I think Russia (and Poland too) has one of the highest rates of engineer graduates as well.

Back