If the Paul Brothers are so Confident that MMA fighters can get paid more....

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
They should start their own MMA promotion and pay the fighters how they are assuming the fighter should get paid.

It would be elite XC all over again.

My point is they are talking about shit they really dont understand.

No im not Dana you goofs.

You called me a goof, so you're definitely Dana.

But yeah, they're trying to pander and some folks are falling for it. They're in it for themselves and associating themselves with UFC fighters for their own benefit.

They should start their own MMA promotion and pay the fighters how they are assuming the fighter should get paid.

But yeah, they're trying to pander and some folks are falling for it. They're in it for themselves and associating themselves with UFC fighters for their own benefit.
200.gif

Prepare to get shit on for this.

I am on the side of fighters getting more, but keep things in perspective. Running a business doesn't just happen by magic.

Yeah people don’t get that it isn’t sustainable to just give every one millions of dollars. The ufc would go bankrupt real quick.

That triller company had to attempt to sue every streamer to make up for the millions that lost doing the last promotion. Roy Jones jr said they haven’t even paid him fully yet.

Yeah people don’t get that it isn’t sustainable to just give every one millions of dollars. The ufc would go bankrupt real quick.

That triller company had to attempt to sue every streamer to make up for the millions that lost doing the last promotion. Roy Jones jr said they haven’t even paid him fully yet.
There are definitely things that could be put in place that would make things less PROFITable for the investors and would benefit the health of the fighters in the ufc. The problem is the ufc wants to control everything. They need a minor league and there should be a much smaller roster. The minor league is where you get away with shitting on people (see mlb) and the big leagues is where all “players” benefit from a decent minimum pay structure and the stars make huge amounts of money. They shit on fighters with how they handled sponsorship and just took away that ability to make money from them. I think it’s ok to realize that you can’t set up a model that bankrupts but recognize that there’s lots of people gaining wealth from these fighters and there are things that could be changed.

You called me a goof, so you're definitely Dana.

Well, I think that's unfair to say they may actually believe there needs to be a change.

There are definitely things that could be put in place that would make things less PROFITable for the investors and would benefit the health of the fighters in the ufc. The problem is the ufc wants to control everything. They need a minor league and there should be a much smaller roster. The minor league is where you get away with shitting on people (see mlb) and the big leagues is where all “players” benefit from a decent minimum pay structure and the stars make huge amounts of money. They shit on fighters with how they handled sponsorship and just took away that ability to make money from them. I think it’s ok to realize that you can’t set up a model that bankrupts but recognize that there’s lots of people gaining wealth from these fighters and there are things that could be changed.
I dont disagree with what you’re saying. I could’ve elaborated a bit more on what I meant I assumed it was implied.
I for sure think fighters in the ufc need to get paid more. I was speaking more specifically on the Paul brothers matches against people and the pay associated with that. I dont think that pay model is sustainable for everyone. Their popularity is why it is possible that aging mma fighters can make the biggest pay day of their life.

I'm not sure it's the amount of money, it's more the percentage of revenue

Well, I think that's unfair to say they may actually believe there needs to be a change.

It's just easy to talk about it and sound like the good guy. They really haven't changed anything. No pushing for policies or trying to help then unionize. They don't get involved in supporting fighters in any other way other than fighting a couple former UFC fighters. But the benefit is for them because they essentially get to use the UFC name without having to be a UFC fighter. Easy money.

Paul Bros aren’t making the big money off their boxing skills — they are brilliant at creating a spectacle as their brand evolves.

THAT is why the Paul Bros shouldn’t be in the fighter pay discussion.

Two different things, two different pay scales— Fighter Merit vs Shitshow Entertainment

However, the Pauls and Conor should give seminars to MMA fighters on how to elevate their brand.

I dont disagree with what you’re saying. I could’ve elaborated a bit more on what I meant I assumed it was implied.
I for sure think fighters in the ufc need to get paid more. I was speaking more specifically on the Paul brothers matches against people and the pay associated with that. I dont think that pay model is sustainable for everyone. Their popularity is why it is possible that aging mma fighters can make the biggest pay day of their life.
For sure. I just think on here people seem to be it’s an all or nothing situation. It just isn’t. And yes, absolutely the Paul situation isn’t a normal one.
<JackieThumbsUp>

Back