Jones at HW...

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Is anyone all that excited for Jones to move up to HW? He's been dicking around getting there and honestly idc if he does or doesn't come back to fight. Jones is 6'4 which isn't all the uncommon at HW. Santos is the only person to give Jon trouble who was shorter. Gus and Reyes were both the same size as Jones. The best days are behind him and I don't see a move to HW changing much. Ngnannou is a lot bigger with similar reach. I don't see him ever taking that fight.

Most of us are excited to see Jones move up to HW to get brutally KO'd. Jon knows that too, and that's why he's dicking around asking for an exorbitant amount of money. Plus he may be pulsing again
pjimage-4-1-4.jpg
<mma1>

Im surprised that no one is talking about Jon`s move to HW. We need more threads on this matter.

hopefully for his sake he's working on his greco and closing the distance against big high level guys.

Outside of a crazy reach advantage his big advantage has always been his greco.

I would rather have seen Jones just go heavyweight at his normal weight

He cut to 205 after walking around at what, 230? He didn't have to become a "big" heavyweight. Makes it less interesting, and I think he won't do any better for it, might even do worse.

Yeah hopefully Jones can negotiate something with the UFC before he prices himself into irrelevance. Jones v Ngannou has the potential to be the biggest MMA fight of all time. The UFC (and Jones) I'm missing out on a grand opportunity here. I don't really care about seeing Ngannou/Lewis 2, a fight that according to some sources, Ngannou doesn't even want.

It would have been nice if he moved up to heavyweight when he was still considered to be remotely in his prime. He's been talking about moving up since Cain Velasquez was champion.

Throughout a large part of his career Jones enjoyed the size and reach advantage over most of his opponents. Then the later half of his career he started to have to face guys with nearly the same size and reach. Now he's facing a guy (well he says he wants to face him)who is definitely bigger than him but hilariously Jon still has more reach than Francis.

Id Call myself a liar and everyone else in the thread if I said I wasn't interested in this fight.

It's an interesting fight. Jons wrestling is long gone. He's outgunned in the power department. He's outsized. Jon is definitely looking to tie Francis up from the inside to tire him out and to kill his rhythm from the outside until the later on rounds.

To keep a beast like Francis at Bay will be interesting

Is anyone all that excited for Jones to move up to HW? He's been dicking around getting there and honestly idc if he does or doesn't come back to fight. Jones is 6'4 which isn't all the uncommon at HW. Santos is the only person to give Jon trouble who was shorter. Gus and Reyes were both the same size as Jones. The best days are behind him and I don't see a move to HW changing much. Ngnannou is a lot bigger with similar reach. I don't see him ever taking that fight.

I learned early on in life to not to let others play emotional games. Most of the times you let them and what others do is their own business. So, I just do not care what Jones does but when he fights I will watch.

images

even if he does it wont matter anymore. 8-9 years of crying HW is annoying asf. So even if you do I can care less now.

I would rather have seen Jones just go heavyweight at his normal weight

He cut to 205 after walking around at what, 230? He didn't have to become a "big" heavyweight. Makes it less interesting, and I think he won't do any better for it, might even do worse.
It would be similar to Izzy vs Jan. HW fighters are going to be stronger and he was struggling with LHW fighters. He will need a strength increase for HW fighters since he doesn't have KO power. He needs to win 5 round fights and he won't be able to do that without the power to keep up with HW fighters. Speed and movement by itself isn't enough.

I am very excited to see him. If he grabs the belt at HW so far, there is no doubt he is the best of all time.

Most of us are excited to see Jones move up to HW to get brutally KO'd. Jon knows that too, and that's why he's dicking around asking for an exorbitant amount of money. Plus he may be pulsing again
pjimage-4-1-4.jpg
<mma1>
I wouldn't believe for a second that he was clean bulking 40 pounds

Back