Media UFC LHW Champ Speaks On The Next Title Challenger

UFCIsNOTRigged

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Cliffs:
  • Jan believes he will successfully defend his belt in his UFC 266 showdown against #1 contender Glover Texeira.
  • Should Jan successfully defend the LHW belt, he believes maybe Jiri could be next, but he needs to fight Rakic to determine who the #1 contender is.
  • Jan states people forget about Ankalaev who he believes is in contention
  • He concludes by saying the next contender could even come from one of the matchups booked near UFC 266; ostensibly he is referencing (Thiago Santos vs Johnny Walker) & (Anthony Smith vs Ryan Spann)

Summary (Making Sense of It):
It sounds as though the champ expects there to be a fight to determine the number one contender at the very least and is open to facing any of the guys listed above should they win their way into a fight with him.

A Rakic vs Prochazka fight appears to be the fight the champ believes is most likely to determine the #1 contender. But Jan also believes Ankalaev is very much in the contenders race and he could matchup with one of the guys listed above and that could be a potential number one contender bout.

The champ appears open to everything, but he wants these guys to fight their way into a title fight with him.

Last edited:
Glover via brutal beat down Anthony "Lion Heart" Smith style, teeth all missing and shit

Last edited:
I agree there's no clear cut next challenger after the Glover fight. Hopefully someone does something to make their case.

I agree there's no clear cut next challenger after the Glover fight. Hopefully someone does something to make their case.
Jiri would be the most exciting, has the offense to challenge either guy , and enough opening to believe he would get slept if he isn't paying attention.

Jiri looks most interesting imo but ya its not clear cut. As champ you should just say line em up and ill knock em down. Jan should only be focused on Glover.

Lol Jan and Glover .. imagine watching this and thinking these are the best LHWs in the world. I ain’t a casual could never be me. Jiri was a “can” 2 fights ago now he’s legit cause he beat a Bellator washout in Volkan and a 13 fight “veteran” in Reyes lol. UFC casuals are clueless

Back