Usman vs Edwards

3rdAccount

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone else think if this fight were to happen today, it wouldn't be as lop-sided as many people make it out to be. I think Edwards will comfortably dodge Usman's strikes and land his shots. EIther the fight goes relatively similar to the first one or Usman will struggle if he decides to keep the fight standing. How do you see this fight going?

It's probably the most competitive fight at WW. Usman likely wins by decision

With Usman's strongly developed standup power and the threat of the takedown. I could definitely see a possible one punch KO finish for Usman over Edwards.

With Usman's strongly developed standup power and the threat of the takedown. I could definitely see a possible one punch KO finish for Usman over Edwards.
Easier said than done against Edwards who is very good at keeping distance. He's a different striker than Masvidal or Burns. Also, he has the cardio to go all five rounds.

If Usman cant take Edwards down, Edwards would put on a master class on Usman.

Usman by KO !!

and thats crazy to say but its a reality now and the WW division and sherdog need to accept that now

Certainly not an easy fight for Usman. But I have him winning a decision, probably 49-46. I think Usman might try and strike with him the first round and probably lose the round as Leon lands more shots (without inflicting much damage). And from there, Usman goes to his grappling and holds Leon against the fence and down on the canvas for most of the remainder of the fight.

I wouldn't be putting money on Leon, but he's a bit of a trickier matchup for Usman. Fighters that need to be up close and personal to be successful (Burns, Mas, and Colby) have generally run into a brick wall against Kamaru. It'd be interesting to see how he deals with the more elusive ones.

I'm less interested in the Leon fight though. WB is a much more intriguing matchup.

Both have improved since the first fight, but Usman has been tested more so.. I think Usman would be a strong favourite.

I’ve got Usman but Edwards is slick. I think he’s got the best chance of beating Usman currently (if only because Usman has wiped the floor with everyone else).

Back