Ultra Slow Mo: Israel Adesanya Gets Rare Triple Combo of Eye Poke, Nut Shot and Oil Check on Vettori

No timestamp?

<3>

I accidentally pasted the wrong link. It has since been fixed.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Izzy is a dirty fighter. He also grabbed the fence at some point.

He fights with his fingers pointing forward a la daddy Jones.
Yeah seems to be something people with reach do. Do get through the reach disadvantage you have to sacrifice your eye. That ass grab was weird as fuck tho.

Yeah seems to be something people with reach do. Do get through the reach disadvantage you have to sacrifice your eye. That ass grab was weird as fuck tho.
HAha, ya. It's like he was bored and absent-minded tested the melon's firmness. I.e., it didn't look like he was doing anything technical or fight-related. Creepy/weird.

I think points should be deducted for fence grabs, but I think fighters do it out of instinct while gassed. Like when you fall you immediately grab for something to keep you upright if it is nearby. A lot of fighters fence grab at some point.

Marvin wasnt winning this fight ...period.
Shame about UFC sponsor sitch. Jiffy Lube would be an ideal sponsor and just priceless watching Adesanya come out with a tee with that long oil check dipper.

Last edited:

There just isn't much of a downside for it. It's clearly a part of Jones' strategy as he has used it in pretty much every fight.

Tons of upside

Something like 70% of fighters on the receiving end of a nutshot/eye poke end up losing the fight

That was not an oil check. Izzy was just feeling him up.
The nut shot was definitely accidental.
The double eye poke was probably accidental but it was definitely careless and looked suspicious.

Back