Should Izzy take on Jiri or Jan again after 2 more defences?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Makes sense to try it again.

He lost comfortably but wasn’t completely humiliated and destroyed.

He was still in that fight.

nah he should just stay and create a MW legacy

Izzy is on weight bully status. Not interested in seeing him fight middleweights. Only Light Heavy+.

Vettori might have won the first fight but cant see how anyone would give him more than 2 rounds in the 2nd fight and neither was 10-8.

Ok. true. You got me there.

But you can't deny that they were great fights and we need to run it back one more time.

I wouldn’t be too enthused about a rematch with Jan. Izzy had a grand total of about twelve seconds of success in the first fight. The only thing that could make it intriguing would be Jan looking obviously faded down the road, and I hate it when fighters get a chance to “avenge” losses against the shell of some dude who beat them. See: Rampage-Wand III and Tito-Chuck III.

If izzy doesn’t actually plan on putting weight or have the ability to then he should not fight those bigger guys. He’s dealing with the middleweights grappling but still struggles. Unless he can get his grappling (at least bjj) up to his striking level he will have too many issues with the big guys.

Izzy ended up mounted against Jan and really close to being finished. Next time Janek would go for the TD in the first and beat Izzy into a pulp.

Izzy should not look past Whittaker.

Izzy is on weight bully status. Not interested in seeing him fight middleweights. Only Light Heavy+.
How do you figure? He makes 185 every time. Izzy weighed 200 against Jan, so he’s not cutting a lot of weight for a MW.

If Izzy thought Jans style was awkward and hard to get a rhythm going against lol he doesn't want to see Jiri.

I love Izzy but he should stay at MW. Jiri would knock him dead like Pereira

How do you figure? He makes 185 every time. Izzy weighed 200 against Jan, so he’s not cutting a lot of weight for a MW.

Because he is fighting notoriously small MW like Costa or Romero

Reactions: JSN
If izzy doesn’t actually plan on putting weight or have the ability to then he should not fight those bigger guys. He’s dealing with the middleweights grappling but still struggles. Unless he can get his grappling (at least bjj) up to his striking level he will have too many issues with the big guys.
He did not struggle at all against vettori

He did not struggle at all against vettori
Maybe your definition of struggle is different than mine. I am not saying he is getting dominated by them. I am a fan of Izzy, not hating. The only area Marvin had anything remotely like success was in grappling. Its pretty clear that is the area Izzy has issues with. Not sure how that can even be in question. I dont think Izzy would be ready for the bigger stronger grappling of 205ers if he stays the same weight or give himself more time to develop his grappling.

cut the Nigerian BS and let Usman get a crack at Double Champ Status !!

its clear to me Izzy doesnt respect Usman on that level like he does Francis

Let them bang bro !!

Winning fights at MW only earns you one LHW title fight. If he wants another one he needs to move up and fight some contenders.

Yeah. But he's just too big and too good imo. The showing against Jan shows me that the higher weight class has the only challenge.

Maybe he has one more fight at middleweight and then move on. It's predictable at this point.

Granted, Israel can do as he pleases and I'm just some guy spouting his self-righteous opinion, though I'm finding these match ups less interesting.

No. imo he doesn't beat either Jiri, Jan, Rakic or Ankalaev. He would have a competitive fight with Reyes and even then I would probably say it's a 50/50 fight. Adesanya relies on a big reach and height advantage.

Jan is a better striker than Adesanya, he proved that when he outstruck Adesanya over 5 rounds and checked a lot of Adesanya's leg kick, and it hurt Adesanya more than Jan. It had nothing to do with weight and is only an excuse after before the fight everyone talked about (including him) that it would be an advantage to be lighter.

Jiri is too big in his body and got more of a presence and is more powerful than Adesanya. They will have the same reach and Jiri would handle him with ease I reckon. Even if Adesanya is a very technical fighter, those big boys up in LHW are bigger than ever. It has now finally grown into an actual LHW division, when before it was filled with MW. There is a reason why Jon decided to avoid it at all cost now.

Back