Dislocation Can Be Worse then a Break (re: Hill)

TheMMAnalyst

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When you dislocate something you tear ligaments that are keeping it in place.

A break means a bone break, which sucks but bone breaks typically heal well.

Miesha Tate claimed at first when Ronda armbarred her that she was fine, she didn’t even have a broken arm.

However, later it was revealed her elbow was pure garbage:

https://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/4/2...ury-update-ronda-rousey-strikeforce-ufc-video

So it’s odd that the UFC is trying to spin a narrative of “he’s fine, he didn’t even break a bone!” Hill had every ligament in his elbow completely destroyed.

It’s like Derrick Lewis posting street fight Gifs of people getting flatlined and commentating “he’s fine” but without the sense of irony.

I dislocated my shoulder. Then dislocated it another 3 times. Then had surgery. Then dislocated it another 2 times. A broken bone that is reset and heals up might be nice in comparison.
Exactly his. Broke wrist/hand healed fine no issues after a few years have full use. Had a Minor shoulder dislocation and its never been the same since even after 7 years it droops and clicks and gets inflamed

Miesha Tate claimed at first when Ronda armbarred her that she was fine, she didn’t even have a broken arm.

https://www.mmamania.com/2012/5/4/2...ury-update-ronda-rousey-strikeforce-ufc-video

So it’s odd that the UFC is trying to spin a narrative of “he’s fine, he didn’t even break a bone!” Hill had every ligament in his elbow completely destroyed.

It’s like Derrick Lewis posting street fight Gifs of people getting flatlined and commentating “he’s fine” but without the sense of irony.
It's he's ok

I dislocated my shoulder when I was in the Military many years ago. We were going pretty hard and I have never grappled much... so out it popped. Had to have heat and sonic therapy as well as PT quite awhile for the arm to feel strong again. To this day it's my weak arm and now has pretty bad degeneration in the shoulder joint.

Trying to bully your way out of a predicament, lacking knowledge (and common sense) is generally bad. Specially if dude is bigger and knows their shit!

Obligatory response due to username. 4 separate shoulder surgeries over the course of a decade in the sport, and probably somewhere in the ballpark of 50 dislocations between all of the operations in the span of those years. Three separate reconstructions on the left, and one on the right. Tearing your ligaments and getting surgery does not always fix the problem.

The most alarming part of it all last night wasn't even the horrible reffing and failure to call it when he should, but his corner and the medical staff not addressing the issue on site immediately. They even let him literally stand with Craig and the Ref while they were announcing the winner. Every second that it was dislocated was doing more and more ligament damage, thus making any further repair, healing, and ability/mobility more difficult in the long run. That arm isn't ever going to be the same, sadly.

I dislocated my shoulder. Then dislocated it another 3 times. Then had surgery. Then dislocated it another 2 times. A broken bone that is reset and heals up might be nice in comparison.
I'm literally sitting here incapacitated as a result of a 3rd degree separation of my shoulder to clavicle. Is this what I have to look forward to?

It's not this terrible thing it's is a somewhat related other terrible thing! but don't worry.

Now Ima see if anyone shooped the flap tap/tap flap.

Broke my arm when I was kid, never had any issues since. Dislocated my kneecap over a year ago, I can def. say its not the same. Luckily mine was the easiest form of dislocation. No cartilage tear or ligaments injured so I got off easy.

Had I torn cartilage which happens frequently with knee-dislocations, it would've been a different story.

Fractures and dislocations are different without a doubt. The risk of longterm damage is a lot higher with dislocations cause once it happens, their is high chance it will happen again.

Obligatory response due to username. 4 separate shoulder surgeries over the course of a decade in the sport, and probably somewhere in the ballpark of 50 dislocations between all of the operations in the span of those years. Three separate reconstructions on the left, and one on the right. Tearing your ligaments and getting surgery does not always fix the problem.

The most alarming part of it all last night wasn't even the horrible reffing and failure to call it when he should, but his corner and the medical staff not addressing the issue on site immediately. They even let him literally stand with Craig and the Ref while they were announcing the winner. Every second that it was dislocated was doing more and more ligament damage, thus making any further repair, healing, and ability/mobility more difficult in the long run. That arm isn't ever going to be the same, sadly.
Surgery is often the worst thing you can do. I also tore my labrum about 6 years ago now, talked to the doc, refused surgery, and did my own PT. My shoulder is great id call it 98%. The 2% being if and when i do hurt or strain it, its a bitch to recover again fully but ive done it many times and the injuries to it are less frequent than they used to be.

4 separate shoulder surgeries over the course of a decade in the sport, and probably somewhere in the ballpark of 50 dislocations between all of the operations in the span of those years. Three separate reconstructions on the left, and one on the right. Tearing your ligaments and getting surgery does not always fix the problem.

Jesus fekk....guess I'll not feel too bad and bitch bout a lil ache and degeneration.

I'm literally sitting here incapacitated as a result of a 3rd degree separation of my shoulder to clavicle. Is this what I have to look forward to?
Yup, dislocations are total ass. I dislocated my thumb and forefinger on my left hand years ago and they still pop out regularly.

Bones heal back to full strength.
Ligaments never heal back to full strength. After a year of careful planning and rehab, the best you can do is 80-90% of it's previous strength.

Yeah this reminds me of Brandon Royval getting his shoulder popped by Moreno in his last fight. He says it's something that happens sometimes since he's had it dislocated before. Seems like a shitty weakness.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS

That was a dirty move. He could have just told him after the session that its dangerous to place your arm like that. Instead he yanks on a guys arm like that almost full power. Then he says "if i wanted to break it i could break it" well your arm doesnt need to break for it to be injured.

Back