Oliveira vs Chandler on the ground : makes you realize how good Anderson was

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So props to Oliveira for surviving the guillotine who looked pretty tight.. Yet it leaves us wondering about his tendency to give his neck like (pettis, lamas)..

But the most interesting is the ground phase, when he had chandler's back, with the body triangle, fighting for the hands. Chandler was dry so it was the ideal moment to get the sub.
But Chandler did what Pettis did to Oliveira before and he escaped it..

I couldn't help but picture Anderson Silva in the same position, but completely squeezing hendo, even back mounting him before strangling him with ease. And we're talking about hendo ladies and gentlemen. Anderson is stud

So props to Oliveira for surviving the guillotine who looked pretty tight.. Yet it leaves us wondering about his tendency to give his neck like (pettis, lamas)..

But the most interesting is the ground phase, when he had chandler's back, with the body triangle, fighting for the hands. Chandler was dry so it was the ideal moment to get the sub.

I couldn't help but picture Anderson Silva in the same position, but completely squeezing hendo, even back mounting him before strangling him with ease. And we're talking about hendo ladies and gentlemen. Anderson is stud

22d9689453caf1cd8e4da60495038966.gif

Fucking lol.

43 year post leg break/gallbladder surgery Anderson held his own on the ground and even hurt prime double champ DC on 2 days notice

Yeah Anderoid getting completely dominated then subbed by Chonan proves how good Oliveira is. Don't forget Takase.

Jake Shields wiped the floor with Hendo.

The guillotine didn't look tight lol, so fucking stupid when guys jump for guillotines

Oliveira has better BJJ than Anderson, just totally different situations, totally different fights
Depends how you qualify a better ground game. Anderson got subbed early in his career with the infamous heel hook as well as triangled by Takasa, both of these before he was in the UFC and certainly not in his prime.

Whereas Charles got subbed by Jim Miller with a heel hook early in his UFC career, and guillotined by Lamas and Pettis 5 years ago.

I think Charles is better offensively and Anderson has the better defence.

Depends how you qualify a better ground game. Anderson got subbed early in his career with the infamous heel hook as well as triangled by Takasa, both of these before he was in the UFC and certainly not in his prime.

Whereas Charles got subbed by Jim Miller with a heel hook early in his UFC career, and guillotined by Lamas and Pettis 5 years ago.

I think Charles is better offensively and Anderson has the better defence.
I'm just going by watching them both do jiu-jitsu

Oliveira just has a more evolved ground game, anybody with some BJJ knowledge would see that

It's not fair to Anderson though because Oliveira has seen all the new BJJ shit Anderson didn't get to see, BJJ has evolved a ton the past 15 years

Anderson is my favorite fighter but I tried to think of any scenario I could to compare the two and I even read your thread and still am baffled what you’re thinking.....

Nothing at all about Charles and Anderson are ballpark similar except maybe born same country?

Hendo is slow and stiff and lost to Jake shields. lol Anderson would get subbed by Do Bronx. u clown

Lmao, Hendo was out on his feet before the fight hit the ground. Oliveira ate the hardest punch of his fight prior to the exchange with chandler. Terrible comparison

The guillotine didn't look tight lol, so fucking stupid when guys jump for guillotines

Oliveira has better BJJ than Anderson, just totally different situations, totally different fights
He didn’t jump for. Charles was in deep on that double leg and he was going to get taken down. It was to late for him to stop the double so grabbing the neck isn’t a bad idea in that case

Anderson had Hendo's back late in round 2, not early in round 1

your hero got subbed by cans in Japan
{<jordan}

Back