Ferguson vs Mcgregor

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is the fight we need book it Dana

I think this is an amazing option. They both deserve it. And I mean that in a good and bad way

Ferg should get a top 15-20 guy... Get back in the win column before another contender...

It's safe to say at this stage Conor likely TKO's him. Tony doesn't threaten the wrestling, and gets tagged with a couple shots probably losing a decision. In the last 30 Minutes he's spent in the Octagon he's only thrown or landed 30 punches.

Dude is a ghost of his former self and has been since Gaethje stiffed his Brain with TEH Jab.

His CTE will be worse taking a hard left from Conor

Even flat footed Conor waxes Tony.

Ferg should get a top 15-20 guy... Get back in the win column before another contender...
Sounds great in theory but Tony made 500k last night to show and altogether netted 750k for the fight. Can't see UFC giving him anything that's easy. He makes too much.

Christ...people are delusional. Stop talking about Conor like it's 2016. That left has not KOed anyone. It hasn't even knocked anyone down. Poirier took one and wasn't even phased by it. Those days are gone. Conor and Ferguson would be good. Ferguson won't worry about take down anymore. It will simply be a rockem sockem bloody fight. This is the one to make.

The problem with guys whose style is unconventional is that once they begin to lose speed, strength, chin, power, reflexes, coordination, etc. they just have look sloppy. Tony was eluding much of what BD threw but he lacked the ability to counter. Five years ago he would’ve been able to capitalize when BD missed. Last night he was just too slow.

I’m impressed that Cruz has been able to avoid the same fate so far, although I guess his time off has helped fend off some of the abuse that Tony absorbed.

Worried about Wonderboy as well. He’s not necessarily as quirky and unconventional as Tony and Cruz, but he does rely on reflexes. Once those start to go I worry he’ll start getting cracked.

The problem with guys whose style is unconventional is that once they begin to lose speed, strength, chin, power, reflexes, coordination, etc. they just have look sloppy. Tony was eluding much of what BD threw but he lacked the ability to counter. Five years ago he would’ve been able to capitalize when BD missed. Last night he was just too slow.

I’m impressed that Cruz has been able to avoid the same fate so far, although I guess his time off has helped fend off some of the abuse that Tony absorbed.

Worried about Wonderboy as well. He’s not necessarily as quirky and unconventional as Tony and Cruz, but he does rely on reflexes. Once those start to go I worry he’ll start getting cracked.
Wonderbread style is distance not speed and Cruz style is boxing. Both of them were never known for speed.

Christ...people are delusional. Stop talking about Conor like it's 2016. That left has not KOed anyone. It hasn't even knocked anyone down. Poirier took one and wasn't even phased by it. Those days are gone. Conor and Ferguson would be good. Ferguson won't worry about take down anymore. It will simply be a rockem sockem bloody fight. This is the one to make.

IMO Poirier was phased. Poirier is also much closer to his prime in terms of reflexes and physicality. Conor isn’t what he was and lightweight is different from featherweight, but he’s still got good timing and good angles and I doubt that Tony can get his respect with power shots of his own. Sure, if it’s a five rounder and Conor can’t find the KO shot, Tony might find a groove. But I think Conor is gonna hit him hard a lot in the first round.

Wonderbread style is distance not speed and Cruz style is boxing. Both of them were never known for speed.

Agree, but both rely on reflexes, do you agree? That might not be speed in terms of striking quickly, but it does mean reacting and dodging quickly. That’s my concern.

Back