Does Dariush get the title shot?

TimeToTrain

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Gaethje beat Ferguson and got the title shot.

Oliviera beat Ferguson and got the title shot.

Dariush beat Ferguson and should get __________ next.

Hell no

Ferguson is washed

He needs to fight another good guy

I wanna see him vs Islam, or Chandler

I wouldn't say he's washed. He's just never had TDD and is facing guys with great BJJ.
I mean... I guess the Gaethje fight is an outlier idk what happened there. He did KO him but still got dominated lol.

I think Chandler beats Dariush. He's too athletic, too fast, and has great TDD. It's a bad matchup for Dariush.

Nah. Gaethje beating #1 ranked Tony on a 12 fight winning streak is a bit different than Dariush beating #5 ranked Tony on a 2 fight losing streak.

I love Beneil, but Poirier is clearly ahead of him at this point, especially if he beats Conor again. Would love to see Gaethje/Dariush in a top contender match but I'm not sure if it'll happen as I believe they're friends and training partners.

As much as I'd love to see Chandler vs. Gaethje, Dariush can't be denied.

Dariush vs. Gaethje in a #1 contender fight, the winner gets the winner of Oliveira vs. Dustin/Conor

I wouldn't say he's washed. He's just never had TDD and is facing guys with great BJJ.
I mean... I guess the Gaethje fight is an outlier idk what happened there. He did KO him but still got dominated lol.

I think Chandler beats Dariush. He's too athletic, too fast, and has great TDD. It's a bad matchup for Dariush.
He's 100% washed, he's 37, 0 LW's ever are elite at 37

It's offensive to me you don't think he's past his prime lol

He's 100% washed, he's 37, 0 LW's ever are elite at 37

It's offensive to me you don't think he's past his prime lol
Jitsu beats crazy all day. In my opinion it's the best counter to crazy.
I don't think Tony vs Gaethje was his best showing but I knew what was going to happen against Dariush and Oliveira.

Sadly this version of Tony is clearly done, beating him means very little.

Conor/ Dustin 3 winner is likely next
Chandler/ Gaethje happens to determine next in line after that.

Winner of Conor/Dustin is getting the next shot. Unless they want to fight some random super fight for more money. Beneil should fight Gaethje.

He should be in a number 1 contender fight next imo. If Dustin wins again he should 100% be next. If Conor wins he should be 1 fight away from a title eliminator, but we all know he’ll get the shot.

Winner of Conor/Dustin is getting the next shot. Unless they want to fight some random super fight for more money. Beneil should fight Gaethje.
No.

Dariush 7-0 in last 7
Gaethje - 4-3 in last 7.

No... Just no. Lol. Queue the office gif.

If UFC allows Douche to get the belt they will lose sooooo much money <Lmaoo>

This guy is pure sport and zero entertainment

they usually stone wall guys like this :D

Nope he needs at least 3 more wins against Islam, Gaethje and the loser of Conor/Poirer vs Oliveria. Long road ahead of him.. that's reality.

I love Beneil, but Poirier is clearly ahead of him at this point, especially if he beats Conor again.

Conor's last win in the lightweight division was roughly 5 years ago. There is no sane reason in the world he should be ranked, its just completely made up for marketing.

Beating Conor twice doesn't actually mean anything in the division.

Dariush has now won 7 fights in a row at lightweight, the last being a complete shutout against #5. He's now in title contention. Poirer might get the shot for political reason, but not because he's ahead of him.

Gaethje beat Ferguson and got the title shot.

Oliviera beat Ferguson and got the title shot.

Dariush beat Ferguson and should get __________ next.

no, the next guy to beat Dan Hooker gets the title shot, like Chandler.

I'd say likely no. Dana alluded to him getting another top 5 guy in the presser. All of us know that type of performance isn't getting you any kind of favorable match making. It was a resounding win, but wasn't all that exciting.

Back