The right man won tonight.

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Respect to Chandler, he looked amazing in the first round and like he was on his way to the belt, and Charles turned the tables and got the tko. I’m stoked personally, that a guy who has literally grown up
in the UFC is now the legitimate holder of one of the most coveted belts in combat sports history, Khabib’s belt. Imo it would’ve been a travesty if Chandler won tonight, sure he was in the right place at the right time, but compared to the rest of the division (especially top 10) one win doesn’t justify his shot at this coveted title. Again, respect to Chandler, but the right man won tonight, and I feel good knowing Charles is the undisputed champ going forward at 155.

just stop. he beat iquinta for the belt and retired after 3 mediocre defenses, then he retired. olives is 1 active year away from demolishing khabibs overrated joke of a legacy.
tenor.gif

just stop. he beat iquinta for the belt and retired after 3 mediocre defenses, then he retired. olives is 1 active year away from demolishing khabibs overrated joke of a legacy.
If he defends 5x that puts him ahead of Khabin imo but of course the Khabib stans that obsess over him being undefeated would disagree.

Respect to Chandler, he looked amazing in the first round and like he was on his way to the belt, and Charles turned the tables and got the tko. I’m stoked personally, that a guy who has literally grown up
in the UFC is now the legitimate holder of one of the most coveted belts in combat sports history, Khabib’s belt. Imo it would’ve been a travesty if Chandler won tonight, sure he was in the right place at the right time, but compared to the rest of the division (especially top 10) one win doesn’t justify his shot at this coveted title. Again, respect to Chandler, but the right man won tonight, and I feel good knowing Charles is the undisputed champ going forward at 155.
I agree.

It sets a bad example. I didn't like the precedent being set for one of the deepest divsions. Go do that in flyweight or something, not LW. Now chandler can get back in line and try to earn in.

Again, I'm here to remind everyone Dan Hooker is not as good as everyone thought he was and I said Dustin fought down to hooker's level. Only reason it was competitive. Great knockout, nice debut win, but that's the only takeaway you can make from that fight.

3 mediocre defenses?
<36>

Khabib would smoke olivieira

And I like charles

That seems a bit strong. Oliveira poses serious threats to khabib, it’s a match up I’ve wanted for awhile and we may never get

Well never get it

Khabib ant coming back to beat a phenom kid

He left on top ...only a legend money fight could maybe get him back

There nothing for him to gain for fighting Charles

*Charles is a great fighter though - always been a fan

Conor is he the greatest victory of Khabib‘s career? Do you respect him? Because it seems here not too many people have much respect for Conor McGregor.

155 is the premiere division in the UFC and Khabib finished Conor, Dustin and Justin all in emphatic fashion. Each win looking more dominant than the next. I don’t see anything MEDIOCRE about any of that.

I agree.

It sets a bad example. I didn't like the precedent being set for one of the deepest divsions. Go do that in flyweight or something, not LW. Now chandler can get back in line and try to earn in.

Again, I'm here to remind everyone Dan Hooker is not as good as everyone thought he was and I said Dustin fought down to hooker's level. Only reason it was competitive. Great knockout, nice debut win, but that's the only takeaway you can make from that fight.
Who gives a fuck. We needed a new match up and what we got was great.

Well, the guy won that won. The guy that lost the first round 10-8. He was one decent punch away from losing. It was an amazing comeback. I’m glad the fight was free of controversy. Congratulations to the new champ. Well done Oliveira.

155 is the premiere division in the UFC and Khabib finished Conor, Dustin and Justin all in emphatic fashion. Each win looking more dominant than the next. I don’t see anything MEDIOCRE about any of that.
What exactly do you bring to the table to claim that it is the premiere division in the UFC? I just told you that Conor McGregor is the greatest victory and nobody respects hm on this forum. So what the fuck are you talking about?

170 has actual competition that match up well with him. And this is a man that literally went to the hospital refusing to move up..

Been feeling good all day knowing Charles is champ.

Well never get it

Khabib ant coming back to beat a phenom kid

He left on top ...only a legend money fight could maybe get him back

There nothing for him to gain for fighting Charles

*Charles is a great fighter though - always been a fan
Only if Islam finally gets a title shot and gets tkod or subbed by Charles

Charles has the skills to beat any LW in the world, and anyone who argues that is clueless about MMA. But LW is soooo competitive right now. It's gonna be a very tough road ahead and I'm super excited to see it.

Back