If Tony Ferguson loses bad...should he retire?

If Tony Ferguson takes a severe beating...should he retire?

I think if Tony loses it will be close decision

If Tony wins it will be a slaughter.

I think it will be a slaughter in late round 2 or three

With the UFC giving Cowboy another fight after 5 losses, I doubt Tony will decide that he's done if he loses this. He's the type of guy who has no quitting in him.

Well tbf, Tony is facing only killers these days, Gaethje, then Oliveira, now Dariush. He's still a good fighter. Unfortunately if Tony's level has dropped to where it is now below these guys, he might lose too many fights before he can figure out where his level is currently at.
I would say if Tony loses this one, if he wants to keep fighting he should fight a young up-and-coming fighter who isn't ranked yet.

No, that's crazy talk. Look at his record. His last 2 losses were to top guys. He would have to fall much further before retiring.
He may have no other job skills to fall back on.

If and only if he takes a Gaethje level beating, even then he would still have enough gas in the tank for a retirement tour a step below the elite, who knows maybe he has enough gas for one last run.

He should fight as long as he wants. I was very supportive of BJ's decision to keep fighting. Even that last fight when he got KO'd in the parking lot.

he already has severe brain damage with paranoid thoughts. Things will likely not end well for him and others close to him if he keeps fighting, and it might be too late now.

he already has severe brain damage with paranoid thoughts. Things will likely not end well for him and others close to him if he keeps fighting, and it might be too late now.

Lol
Now we are giving medical diagnosis on this site. Sherdog does it all....

“Severe brain damage”

Maybe.

He’s had 2 different but very bad losses back to back. Gaethje beat the piss out of him and Charles simply dominated him.

A TKO or submission loss in this one and it could be time to hang them up for El Cucuy.

It's not just about his losses, it's about accumulative damage. He gets hit and hurt in pretty much all of his fights, even his wins, and his losses have added a lot of damage to that. I'm kind of of the mindset that if you don't have a path to the belt then you're better off calling it quits and avoiding unnecessary brain injury, but I highly doubt Tony sees it that way.

Back