Sher-goobers hate Jones but anyone really think he would not mop the floor with Stipe??

LilNicky95

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just as the title says....

Jones is hated on here mostly and all that but I don’t see any realistic possibility of Stipe beating HW Jones.

It’s a fight and I guess anything can happen etc etc...

But anyone that actually believes Jones would not be a heavy favorite, please give some reasoning/logic as to why...

I think Stipe would have finished Jon relatively easy if he hadn't had all those wars with DC and got KTFO! by Ngannou. Now I'm not sure who will win. Jon didn't look that good in his last couple fights and we have no idea how Jon will do at HW.

Last edited:
He went life or death with a MW journeyman with no knees, and got a gift decision against LHW Gatekeeper Dominic "The Athlete" Reyes.

Stipe would destroy him, Stipe is much more skilled than those guys and he doesn't have a size disadvantage.

Regardless of the actual depth of the division, HW has always been a very popular division and attracts lots of casuals. If a 205er could "mop the floor" with the previous HW champ, he'd be already fighting at HW and making better ratings than at 205. Cormier moved-down because of Cain, other than that, nobody would choose 205 over HW if they can be equally successful in each division.

Last edited:
I think Stipe would have finished Jon relatively easy if he hadn't had all those wars with DC and got KTFO! by Ngannou. Now I'm not sure who will win. Jon didn't look that good in his last couple fights and we have no idea how Jon will do at HW.
But Stipe got finished by Jon’s son DC and went drunk uncle fight in the trilogy fight which he barely got the nod for?

Ya sure?

Jones is hated on here mostly and all that but I don’t see any realistic possibility of Stipe beating HW Jones.

But anyone that actually believes Jones would not be a heavy favorite, please give some reasoning/logic as to why...
Steroidless Jones is a can who couldn't "mop the floor" with a one-legged MW washout and a IT guy. Stipe would rip his arms off.

He went life or death with a MW journeyman with no knees, and got a gift decision against LHW Gatekeeper Dominic "The Athlete" Reyes.

Stipe would destroy him, Stipe is much more skilled than those guys and he doesn't have a size disadvantage.
<Dany07>

Stipe fought at heavyweight his whole career, he's used to fighting at that weight. I think you would see a similar fight to the Izzy-Jan fight. I think he even has a slightly better chance Vs Ngannou if he has the power to take him down since the gulf is so massive on the ground, but Stipe if anything represents the worst style matchup at HW for Jones.

Stipe fought at heavyweight his whole career, he's used to fighting at that weight. I think you would see a similar fight to the Izzy-Jan fight. I think he even has a slightly better chance Vs Ngannou if he has the power to take him down since the gulf is so massive on the ground, but Stipe if anything represents the worst style matchup at HW for Jones.
Yes because Jones and Izzy have the same level of wrestling....

<DontBelieve1>

Of course LilNicky95 couldn't see any realistic possibility, he has a habit of underselling Stipe at every chance. Look at him saying Stipe "barely got the nod" in the trilogy with DC...with two judges scoring it 49-46, and if the 2nd round had been 10 seconds longer he would have gotten a TKO or worse on DC...

But Stipe got finished by Jon’s son DC and went drunk uncle fight in the trilogy fight which he barely got the nod for?

Ya sure?

Yeah, DC's eyepokes in that first fight were even better than any of Jon's. Especially the thumb from hell. He eye poked him 3 times in like 3 minutes. Stipe didn't expect that, but with Jon he would have expected it because Jon is known for it.

Stipe finishes him

Yes because Jones and Izzy have the same level of wrestling....

<DontBelieve1>
Jones has looked shit in every fight since Gus 2, and size matters. Stipe handled DC's wrestling in 2 bouts, a guy who had far more pedigree at 265 than Jones, who has none. The only comparison I was drawing with Izzy was the size mismatch.

I agree here, we've almost never seen Stipe taken down, and he's as tall as Jones and has pretty solid power, in years past he'd be a major problem for Jones. Lately Stipe has looked his age, so who knows. Interestingly, whether it is due to larger or more skilled opponents, Jones wrestling has not looked like a threat to anyone in years now.

Jones is a great fighter and obviously the best at lhw ever.
But he has declined a lot, which was evident in his last few fights.
He made the right decision to run from Jan because that would've been the end of his amazing reign.

Back