If chandler beats Charles where do you rank him in the LW goat discution

Pascal Bergeron

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
you have Khabib who is number 1 but the rest is unclear you have Tony, Justin, Eddie, Benson, BJ, Dustin, Frankie who are all great LW so were would chandler fix in the mix of greatest LW if he win next week

Below every other former lightweight champion and still a little lower than that, what kind of question is this?

you have Khabib who is number 1 but the rest is unclear you have Tony, Justin, Eddie, Benson, BJ, Dustin, Frankie who are all great LW so were would chandler fix in the mix of greatest LW if he win next week
I'm expecting Charles to win so it'd improve Chandler in my mind for sure.

Still behind Khabib, Conor, Dustin though

Uhhh...
<WhatIsThis>

Trolling?

He has a better resume than Khabib if he wins this one .. even Eddie and Shinya Aoki have better resumes than Khabib but y’all ufc casuals don’t really know anything about mma tbh

He has a better resume than Khabib if he wins this one .. even Eddie and Shinya Aoki have better resumes than Khabib but y’all ufc casuals don’t really know anything about mma tbh
Better how? Khabib has 29 fights with zero losses and barely breaks a sweat; losing arguably a grand total of, what, 5 rounds? He would beat Eddie and Aoki back to back in the same night. I'm not really a casual. I watched the DREAM tournament live and clearly remember Alvarez's fights with Hansen and Kawajiri. Those guys have too many losses to be considered to have "better" resumes. Khabib's resume is shallow in regards to the overall GOAT discussion but he's beaten plenty of good fighters.

he would be the GOAT
he came to UFC and khabib retired immediately. scared.

Better how? Khabib has 29 fights with zero losses and barely breaks a sweat; losing arguably a grand total of, what, 5 rounds? He would beat Eddie and Aoki back to back in the same night. I'm not really a casual. I watched the DREAM tournament live and clearly remember Alvarez's fights with Hansen and Kawajiri. Those guys have too many losses to be considered to have "better" resumes. Khabib's resume is shallow in regards to the overall GOAT discussion but he's beaten plenty of good fighters.
A lot of guys would have 29 wins if they faced hand picked competition until they were 25-0 ... plus winning belts in multiple promotions in multiple countries against anyone anywhere any time is a lot more difficult .. not to mention they didn’t retire at 32 to avoid losing

A lot of guys would have 29 wins if they faced hand picked competition until they were 25-0 ... plus winning belts in multiple promotions in multiple countries against anyone anywhere any time is a lot more difficult .. not to mention they didn’t retire at 32 to avoid losing
Not sure I agree some of that, but an interesting take nonetheless. I do think him being ranked amongst Anderson, Fedor, etc is definitely premature. Shame he retired early but at least LW is wide open now.

Not sure I agree some of that, but an interesting take nonetheless. I do think him being ranked amongst Anderson, Fedor, etc is definitely premature. Shame he retired early but at least LW is wide open now.
All I’m saying is that if Khabib was looking for a challenge and a fight to potentially lose, he definitely could’ve found one. It’s easy to say he’s been dominant when he ducked out as early as he did. I’ll give him credit he won his fights and his final run of opponents was incredible and impressive as hell. But I’ve been watching Eddie and Aoki compete for 15+ years literally everywhere .. I mean Khabib’s “run” lasted like 2 years tops .. I don’t think fighters should be condemned for losing to top challengers.. you win and lose in sports it’s gonna happen

Back