UFC fight teams in the future due to many fighters on the roster?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
One thing I hear is how there are so many fighters that you don't know how to track them. But lets say if you had teams like IFL, then it would be easier. Also if one fighter from a teach gets injured, you can have a sub and then the teams fight to see which team is the best team.

The reason I say this is, the structure of MMA is very team oriented. You have ATT, AKA or Glendale Fight Club as well as SBG and Firas Fight Club and 10th planet jujitsu fight team. Unlike boxing and kickboxing, you have fighters who are immensely proud of their team and who they train with. Conor loves his team, Khabib gives praise to Javier Mendez a great deal.

I watch boxing and MMA and I follow grappling. In MMA and Grappling, there is so much love camaraderie among MMA fighters and grapplers. When I look back, I remember Serra jujitsu against Cobra Kai jujitsu or Lions Den vs Team Punishment.

What do you think? If in a future, you have so many fighters who are equally as good as each other, would it make sense to have a team format?

GOAT Team....

tumblr_n64mk52f3c1r89qoso1_500.gif

Fighting is an individual sport. You will never see two top guys in the same weight class at the same gym. When both guys start to become title contenders they stop training together and usually ends up with one leaving the gym.

What's more likely, and already does happen at the top, is fighters hiring, customized, personal coaches, sparring partners and training geared specifically towards their opponents.

At that level, they stick with their gyms out of loyalty but bring in 'specialized' coaches and training partners. It's just a nicer way of saying they are paying for better coaches and partners.

Ifl isn't around anymore.

It’s not a team sport and I hope it never will be. While it’s nice to see some comraderie between fighters some of the biggest shitshows and drama scenes have happened when fighters in teams got too close then had falling outs etc.

I like seeing it in an unofficial way ie watching certain gyms dominate in different weight classes for a while (ie ckb, aka, Jackson’s), but that’s it.

It’s not a team sport and I hope it never will be. While it’s nice to see some comraderie between fighters some of the biggest shitshows and drama scenes have happened when fighters in teams got too close then had falling outs etc.

I like seeing it in an unofficial way ie watching certain gyms dominate in different weight classes for a while (ie ckb, aka, Jackson’s), but that’s it.

I experienced something similar but on a very some scale and it was very insignificant but has there been a big case like this?

Didn't rashad leave jackson's when he was fighting jones.

I experienced something similar but on a very some scale and it was very insignificant but has there been a big case like this?

Teams are impossible. A battle royalle is more like it

Lol seriously wth

Rashad getting screwed by Jones and Jackson’s gym is the first that comes to mind.
Colby/Masvidal drama.
DC fucking his career to move to LHW so he could avoid fighting his friend Cain.

probably a bunch others but those are the big ones for me.

Didn't rashad leave jackson's when he was fighting jones.

True and Diego mentioned that Greg doesnt give a shit and I mentioned how Greg is a serious weasel and been saying it for years. Discards Diego and Rashad. Afterwards he kicks Cerrone out to make room for Mike Perry and then when Cerrone beats Perry, Perry leaves Jackson and now Jackson wants Cerrone back.

Rashad getting screwed by Jones and Jackson’s gym is the first that comes to mind.
Colby/Masvidal drama.
DC fucking his career to move to LHW so he could avoid fighting his friend Cain.

probably a bunch others but those are the big ones for me.

Greg screws everyone over. Hell he appeared on a TV series called kingdom and in it he played himself and his role was to poach local fighters and once they started losing, he would cast them away and make room to recruit new ones by overpromising them the world.

DC had a pretty good career at the end of day though. A very successful world champion and overall his beef with Jon Jones gave him a star power. Maybe it would have been better to be a heavyweight but he did well at the end of the way.

Back