Rodriguez vs Esparza...

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I just re-watched the fight and not too sure how that was a split. Rodriguez had literally zero takedown defense. I think she literally stopped one that was pretty out of range but then Esparza took her down shortly after. Her striking is dangerous but against a wrestler she can't do anything. Her saving grace in that fight to have any success is Esparzas dumb ass decision to go for a leg at the end of rounds. Her corner even told her after the first not to do that again because she was winning the round clearly then she does it again in the second and the same thing happens. Waterson should just force the takedown for an easy win.

I just re-watched the fight and not too sure how that was a split. Rodriguez had literally zero takedown defense. I think she literally stopped one that was pretty out of range but then Esparza took her down shortly after. Her striking is dangerous but against a wrestler she can't do anything. Her saving grace in that fight to have any success is Esparzas dumb ass decision to go for a leg at the end of rounds. Her corner even told her after the first not to do that again because she was winning the round clearly then she does it again in the second and the same thing happens. Waterson should just force the takedown for an easy win.
Rodriguez did way more damage and won the first two rounds.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/11169/Carla-Esparza-vs-Marina-Rodriguez

Esparza vs Joanna
Oh yeah haha that one's enjoyable

38d2166e9a77e67226752b0afef22fd2.jpg

She caused that hematoma but it wasn't like she was doing much. She had 0 take down defense.
Esparza got takedowns and top control but otherwise didn't do anything. Rodriguez did all the damage in that fight.

Esparza got takedowns and top control but otherwise didn't do anything. Rodriguez did all the damage in that fight.
Maybe but not much. Didn't control where the fight took place. It wasn't like she was smashing her with elbows. Was just landing here and there when Esparza didn't do anything.

Esparza is a wrestler .....waterson isn't

Rodriguez will massacre waterson

Yea ts is acting like it was a dominant win but it was anything but.

Also Waterson is nowhere near the wrestler Esparza is. Not sure she could replicate Carlas gameplan.

Waterson almost always goes for takedown. Like spam takedowns.

Waterson is so bad, very boring and she's not attractive, not sure why she has so many fans.

Back