Stipe: Thanks For The Memories

• Thread starter Deleted member 510653
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 510653

Man I was thinkin about this shit dog, it's just, what the fucking goddamn hell are they going to do with Miocic now that he lost his belt? What are they gonna do with him? When is he gonna fight again? I don't think we'll see him 'til next summer my guys and that's on some real shit too. He's got to let his melon heal like DC said, he didn't listen to him this time around but he gots to now. So fuckin a brotha, who is he gonna fight when he returns? I'm not even gonna front and I'm gonna say Curtis Blaydes 'cause I say Curtis Blaydes everytime a hw has a fight coming up. It's Curtis Blaydes dudes and fuck Curtis Blaydes while I'm at it.

Man I was thinkin about this shit dog, it's just, what the fucking goddamn hell are they going to do with Miocic now that he lost his belt? What are they gonna do with him? When is he gonna fight again? I don't think we'll see him 'til next summer my guys and that's on some real shit too. He's got to let his melon heal like DC said, he didn't listen to him this time around but he gots to now. So fuckin a brotha, who is he gonna fight when he returns? I'm not even gonna front and I'm gonna say Curtis Blaydes 'cause I say Curtis Blaydes everytime a hw has a fight coming up. It's Curtis Blaydes dudes and fuck Curtis Blaydes while I'm at it.

<mma4>

The Blaydes fight makes sense, knowing Stipe he maybe just sits out until a trilogy fight for the belt given. He might just walk away he's got nothing left to prove.

I think he'll want to fight again or want the rematch but I'm not sure what Dana will give him. I'd worry sending him into another fight with Francis, he didn't look good in there. Francis outpaced himself in that first fight, Stipe took advantage of it. In the rematch, Francis made the adjustments and Stipe couldn't work out what to do, he was completely overpowered, overwhelmed, outpunched, outsized. He looked like target practise in there, I can't possibly see how he could win a rematch with Francis unless Francis makes stupid mistakes.

There's no big retirement / money fights for him either. Any potential rivalry fight doesn't exist...won the trilogy with DC who's now retired, JDS & Overeem have both been cut. The rest are young contenders with not much name value. Only other fights are Volkov, Lewis or Blaydes..not sure anyone really wants to see those fights.

I think the only thing that makes any sense is Francis vs Lewis rematch and Jones vs Stipe, otherwise I don't think there's anything you can do with Stipe.

Yeah if I was him I’d sit out for the trilogy or just retire. He doesn’t need to fight to earn the trilogy. Just let the division move on. If it happens in a year or so, cool. If not call it a day.

With Stipe’s haters telling us how active Ngannou was going to be he should easily rack up a couple of defences within a year anyway. Then he’ll be out of contenders. That would be a perfect time to do the trilogy fight.

Who was the last guy that knocked out Blaydes was it Rozenstruik I can't even remember man it's just Blaydes is always like a hair away from a title shot and then gets knocked out and is back to ground zero

Who was the last guy that knocked out Blaydes was it Rozenstruik I can't even remember man it's just Blaydes is always like a hair away from a title shot and then gets knocked out and is back to ground zero
It was Black Beast who flat-lined Blaydes .

I'm pretty positive Stripe will fight Francis next.
Yeah if I was him I’d sit out for the trilogy or just retire. He doesn’t need to fight to earn the trilogy.
I don’t think he’ll get an immediate fight against Francis. He already played that card when DC knocked him out — his tenure as champion warranted the respect of that immediate rematch (well, immediate for him anyway, as DC fought Lewis in the meantime). But I don’t see the UFC letting him do it twice. I know the division is super thin, but I think it would set a bad precedent.

But TS actually asks a really good question: what do you do with him? I can see him taking the DC route, saying he’s only interested in championship fights, otherwise he’s done.

He certainly is not going to fight until his baby is born in late August. TUF taping and the camp for the first DC fight took him away from being around to help his wife during her first pregnancy, and no way is he missing/getting away with that again....

He seems to think "of course" he'll get the rematch, but even if that doesn't happen immediately there's plenty of possibilities. Whether Ngannou ends up fighting Jones or Lewis, if he wins the loser would be someone new to Miocic. (In fact, what with the latest UFC roster purges EVERYBODY in the top 15 other than Ngannou would be a new opponent.) Blaydes would be a cool pick too; for those that pine for narratives, the angle of him being a training partner for Stipe on his camp for Gonzaga would make for interesting speculation. As would Volkov, to settle the nagging trollish question of whether excessive height is Stipe's kryptonite (see: Struve.)

Of course it's possible he might go on strike until he gets a title shot like he did with DC, but someone I don't think so. There's a difference in urgency between being 0-1 against a guy that's swearing to retire in a few months, thus taking away any chance at avenging your loss, and being 1-1 with a guy who's said he plans to stick around for at least 3 years.

Fuckin hell mate scared the shit outta me though he announced his retirement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back