I don’t think GSP wanted a piece of the reaper

And I love GSP.

I believe he would have fought Rockhold but not Robert.
Not sure anyone genuinely thinks he was planning on hanging around after the Bisping fight to defend the belt regardless of whether he got sick or remained healthy.

GSP 49-46
OvXK79kh

GSP saw the opportunity when a 36YO, barely top 10 gatekeeper incredibly got the 185 title...

UFC waited for GSP by only booking bisping only one fight (against 50YO hendo who was maybe top 20?. BTW hendo clearly won) in about 20 months, while GSP was getting ready

but the idea was only to sell that fight because they knew GSP had little chances against ANY top 185er

when the bobby knuckles fight was inevitable.... GSP got ill (with lots of mystery of course!!!) and never returned

TRUE STORY

I love GSP, and to me he’s #1 GOAT. But he wouldn’t have fought any MW except Bisping for the title. Nothing wrong that, just a smart move by him. Everyone is strategic with matchups when going up (except BJ Penn... see how that worked out...). Still the goat.

Absolutely not, there is a reason GSP's only come back for an on verge of retirement Mike Bisping.

He said that he planned to fight Rockhold but then he got KO’d by Bisping and the rest is history..

Gsp was contractually obligated to defend that MW belt, lets that sink in

Back