Lol GSP fans actually thought he wanted to fight Whittaker

GoofMaster93

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hold up, before you come charging in here to defend George's honor just know that I'm a big fan of GSP myself. GSP was a great athlete and very strategical but the idea that he had the intention of unifying the mw title against Robert is absurd. Whittaker is a bad match up for any wrestler no matter how good they are and his conditioning is always great

Think of GSP vs Hendricks. If Johnny had that much success then just imagine what Whittaker would do. I guarantee there's no way GSP is squeaking his way to a decision in this fight. For those of you who say that Rob is a middleweight just remember that he used to fight at 170 so you can't say that size is an issue and funny enough GSP also has the reach advantage by 3 inches

Again I'm a fan of GSP just as much as anyone else but I'm not going to pretend like he ever wanted a fight with Whittaker, or to defend the mw belt at least once for that matter

GSP would have got fucked up by the Reaper. In his prime at 170 he wins sure, but the one that beat Bisping, yeah nah he was never hanging around to defend the belt at MW even if he hadn't got sick.

Hey TS watch this:

Whittaker got ko'd by a guy who got ko'd by a 145er.

Fun game to play. You can literally do it to every fighter.

Lol @ your tired old Sherdog trope: "I'm a big fan of fighter x, but fighter x sucks and would get destroyed by fighter a, b, c,d, etc.. BuT i'M sUcH a BiG fAn!!!1!"

Fucking casuals. The real reason GSP "retired" was because Matt Brown was getting close to the #1 contender spot, and GSP knows what happens when he fights guys named Matt. Once Brown got knocked down the rankings, GSP unretired and came back.

He chose not to fight Whittaker, it is what it is. It doesn’t take away from GSPs legacy

So ducking doesn’t take away from legacy?

The guy had no problem cutting Whit and Romero (beyond well deserving contenders) in line to face a decrepit one eyed Bisping, but when it was time to fight them he ghosts?

It was shameful and there’s not other way to spin it. He knew Romero and Whit would’ve mauled him.

<DisgustingHHH>

He chose to give up the belt which is fine
Khabib, Cejudo, and Jones did it too

But the big thing is old Bisping wasn't a great win.

I know I have a 2021 account but guys listen, I really am a HUGE GSP fan...just trust me.

GSP would have got fucked up by the Reaper. In his prime at 170 he wins sure, but the one that beat Bisping, yeah nah he was never hanging around to defend the belt at MW even if he hadn't got sick.
I don't know if any version of GSP we witnessed can beat Whittaker/Adesanya/Romero

"I'm a big fan of GSP "
" I guarantee there's no way GSP is squeaking his way to a decision in this fight."
"I'm not going to pretend like he ever wanted a fight with Whittaker"
"or to defend the mw belt at least once for that matter"
"Again I'm a fan of GSP"

So ducking doesn’t take away from legacy?

The guy had no problem cutting Whit and Romero (beyond well deserving contenders) in line to face a decrepit one eyed Bisping, but when it was time to fight them he ghosts?

It was shameful and there’s not other way to spin it. He knew Romero and Whit would’ve mauled him.

<DisgustingHHH>
He did, but this is the fight business. Smart move in the end

I don't know if any version of GSP we witnessed can beat Whittaker/Adesanya/Romero
At 170 I think he beats all 3 but largely because all 3 would struggle to be effective or even consistently make that weight.

Hold up, before you come charging in here to defend George's honor just know that I'm a big fan of GSP myself. GSP was a great athlete and very strategical but the idea that he had the intention of unifying the mw title against Robert is absurd. Whittaker is a bad match up for any wrestler no matter how good they are and his conditioning is always great

Think of GSP vs Hendricks. If Johnny had that much success then just imagine what Whittaker would do. I guarantee there's no way GSP is squeaking his way to a decision in this fight. For those of you who say that Rob is a middleweight just remember that he used to fight at 170 so you can't say that size is an issue and funny enough GSP also has the reach advantage by 3 inches

Again I'm a fan of GSP just as much as anyone else but I'm not going to pretend like he ever wanted a fight with Whittaker, or to defend the mw belt at least once for that matter
To say you guarantee there's no chance he could beat whitaker is ridiculous. I would even put gsp as the favorite. Is it a far more dangerous fight for him than bisping? Of course. Did gsp have any plans to fight Whitaker after bisping? Probably not. Even though he kod bisping people seem to forget he took some damage and was bleeding from multiple cuts at the end of that fight. Prime gsp beats prime Whitaker at either weight, right now i think it's a toss up but I'd lean toward whitaker.(gsp would be favorite betting wise)

At 170 I think he beats all 3 but largely because all 3 would struggle to be effective or even consistently make that weight.
Neither Romero nor adesanya could ever make 170 but both would have beat gsp at 185(adesanya I'm less sure about just because I think gsp would have a heavy wrestling advantage if he can get izzy down, and I'm not sure he could, he would gnp him to a decision).

Fucking casuals. The real reason GSP "retired" was because Matt Brown was getting close to the #1 contender spot, and GSP knows what happens when he fights guys named Matt. Once Brown got knocked down the rankings, GSP unretired and came back.

The reason why he retired was that he was scared of Hendricks, who gave him brain damage.

I don't understand what prompted this thread?

To say you guarantee there's no chance he could beat whitaker is ridiculous. I would even put gsp as the favorite. Is it a far more dangerous fight for him than bisping? Of course. Did gsp have any plans to fight Whitaker after bisping? Probably not. Even though he kod bisping people seem to forget he took some damage and was bleeding from multiple cuts at the end of that fight. Prime gsp beats prime Whitaker at either weight, right now i think it's a toss up but I'd lean toward whitaker.(gsp would be favorite betting wise)

he didn’t ko bisping.

Back