Rob's wrestling

Australia doesn't have the wrestling foundations of a USA but Rob is practically the best wrestler in Aus for his weight class.

Hes a predominant stand up fighter ... let's keep it that way. Rob effortlessly took the smaller gastelum down.... even wiggled his leg free on 2 different occasions, was in full mount and shouldve went port side to turn the clock for choke or rain down some terror. He just popped back up. I mean he dominated gas in every way - but he has to figure some things out vs Izz.

Rob is 30 ,seems to be healthy and looks to be ready for re match. No over swinging hooks or punches. He did face an opponent that is challenged with range agsinst bigger technical middles. Kelvin needs to go back to 170 and figure out how to get his best 30+ hours after the cut.
How can you not like reaper ? Champ gives him a half ass sarcastic s-media bit and Rob responds " it's ok, he beat me so he has the trash talking rights ( while laughing)".
UFC 185, it seems you have Izz then Rob and then a drop down .

Surprised how “easily” he was able to take Gastelum down, considering Gastelum looked great grappling-wise in his recent fight
That’s what I was thinking last night. We just saw Kelvin kinda go back to his wrestling heavy ways in his last fight. Looked really good in doing so. But Whittaker made it look like cake against him.

The key to his takedowns was timing combined with technique and commitment.
Rob is very smart not to even really attempt to gut it out and chain wrestle. Either hit the sweet takedown or break away before being in a static clinch position. He is obvious training those aspects diligently which is why we saw so many head kicks on exit of the clinch.
One of the most talented guys in the company.

The fascinating part for me was how efficient Rob was with those Judo style takedowns, it really threw Gastelum off as he didn't expect it going into this fight.

Okay hear me out. Whittaker trains in dagestan for the Izzy x Whittaker 2 camp

Pretty damn good for an australian

Agreed. He changed romero's attitude toward wrestling for the remainder of his time in the UFC.

PeskyGreatChrysalis-size_restricted.gif

He needs to use it like Jan did and take Izzy out of his element

How tf is Kelvin a former college wrestler that is bjj black belt? Every time it comes to grappling standing or on the ground he looks lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back