Best 1 round fight of all time?

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
What do you think is the best 1 round fight(most entertaining fight that ended in one round) of all time? Any organization. My pick is Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley. Nick had a huge advantage on the ground and IMO a decent advantage in the clinch but didn't use either. Almost got finished, recovered and then finished the fight.

Big Nog-Mir 2: a roller coaster of striking and grappling action with a crazy ending

1_medium.gif

Diaz Daley and its not close. Theres more action in that 1 round than most fights that go the full distance

Nicks fight with Gomi is another great one.

Wand Rampage 1
Eddie Kawajiri
Hughes Trigg 2
Gomi Kawajiri
Pele Newton
Saku Smirnovas
Robbie Manhoef
Wand Mezger
Brandao Bermudez
Lineker Cisco
Kongo Barry

Bermudez vs Brandao is an underrated one. Not as great as Diaz/Daley or Mir/Nog 2 but great one rounder.

Diaz Daley and its not close. Theres more action in that 1 round than most fights that go the full distance

Nicks fight with Gomi is another great one.

Wand Rampage 1
Eddie Kawajiri
Hughes Trigg 2
Gomi Kawajiri
Pele Newton
Saku Smirnovas
Robbie Manhoef
Brandao Bermudez
Kongo Barry
I liked the Eddie Kawajiri and Kongo vs Barry picks the most from memory. Eddie and Kawajiri rocked each other in an action packed fight and Barry rocked Kongo like 4 times or something crazy then Kongo KOs him and Barry crumpled in one of the worst looking KOs I can remember.

I liked the Eddie Kawajiri and Kongo vs Barry picks the most from memory. Eddie and Kawajiri rocked each other in an action packed fight and Barry rocked Kongo like 4 times or something crazy then Kongo KOs him and Barry crumpled in one of the worst looking KOs I can remember.

Eddie in 2019 so already had the Timofey fight said that Kawajiri hit him the hardest in his career

Prime Crusher was a great LW. Severely underappreciated these days but a savage with power and one of the best top games ever in the lighter weights. He also got robbed against Giblert their first fight. He dropped him like 3 times

Arlovski/Brown was just a beatdown, Browne landed like 1 good strike. Fun but not on the level of others named so far.

Stipe vs Reem should get some recognition. Nick/Daley, Hughes/Trigg 2, & Wand/Page 1 are my top 3 though.

Eddie in 2019 so already had the Timofey fight said that Kawajiri hit him the hardest in his career

Prime Crusher was a great LW. Severely underappreciated these days but a savage with power and one of the best top games ever in the lighter weights. He also got robbed against Giblert their first fight. He dropped him like 3 times

Crusher and Hansen are 2 of those guys that a lot of MMA fans now underappreciate/underrate they were very well rounded but their primes were over 8+ years ago.

Back