Sign here if you actually thought Kevin Holland was a serious player @MW...

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many of you actually bought into the Pretender Series hype?

I constantly told you guys he has MASSIVE holes in his grappling and you didn’t listen...

Who here thought Holland was legit?

He also hasn’t been dominated on the mat by mediocre grapplers like Brendan Allen, Darren Stewart, and Thiago Santos of all people...

AptAcclaimedKoalabear-size_restricted.gif

1011161726.jpg

darren-stewart-of-england-punches-kevin-holland-in-their-middleweight-picture-id1273557711

How many of you actually bought into the Pretender Series hype?

I constantly told you guys he has MASSIVE holes in his grappling and you didn’t listen...

Who here thought Holland was legit?

You realize you’re making an “I told you so” thread for a guy that just went into a fight as a 3-1 underdog yeah?

Stewart wouldve beat him if he didnt brainfart or it was 5 rounds

Gerald Meerscart and Di Chirico got robbed bad against Holland too. He shouldve been on a 3 fight L streak and lost 4 of his last 5 in 2018/19.

He padded his record against some cans with high activity and a shot COVID stricken grandpa Jacare who cant grapple anymore but hes realistically a .500 fighter @ MW at best

You realize you’re making an “I told you so” thread for a guy that just went into a fight as a 3-1 underdog yeah?

Got a lot of flack for saying this same thing for a while. Picked Brunson to school him aswell.

Anyone who’s got an educated eye for grappling saw a pattern in his defensive ground game. I tried to warn you guys PRIOR to the Brunson fight.

Will Hollands next opponent be a Wrestler? :D

Got a lot of flack for saying this same thing for a while. Picked Brunson to school him aswell.

Anyone who’s got an educated eye for grappling saw a pattern in his defensive ground game. I tried to warn you guys PRIOR to the Brunson fight.
Right, and I’m not sure who you’re addressing because based on the sherdog poll, Vegas, tapology and every other measurable way of identifying who thought which guy would win, nearly 80% of posters thought this would happen. So I’m not really sure why you’re making this thread

Lol dude fought competitive and rocked 2 Top guys within a month.
Does he need to clean up his wrestling? Yup
Is he trash? hell no.

with how poorly he did versus brunson, it was a mistake for him to think he could turn his game around in such a short time.. really he needed to go back to the drawing board and work some takedown defense come back stronger.. instead he just dug a deeper hole now losing 2 straight and dropping his name down the rankings, but hey hats off to him for stepping up to the plate when the call came I guess.. I wish it would have worked out for him, but he just versed two guys that match up perfectly too him.

Maybe we were mislead by the Jacare beat down... with Jacare being old and washed up misleading us or Holland's head just isn't in the game which is what I think is happening right now.. but he will be back.

with how poorly he did versus brunson, it was a mistake for him to think he could turn his game around in such a short time.. really he needed to go back to the drawing board and work some takedown defense come back stronger.. instead he just dug a deeper hole now losing 2 straight and dropping his name down the rankings, but hey hats off to him for stepping up to the plate when the call came I guess.. I wish it would have worked out for him, but he just versed two guys that match up perfectly too him.

Maybe we were mislead by the Jacare beat down... with Jacare being old and washed up misleading us or Holland's head just isn't in the game which is what I think is happening right now.. but he will be back.
Agree. Poor career management to step up to a fighter with a similar style to the one who just dominated him 3 weeks ago. No time to improve. Would've been amazing if it worked out but the odds were just too slim. Sometimes you gotta play it smart. Now he lost 10 consecutive rounds and got completely exposed.

Lost to two fighters with a bad style matchup. But he is a top ten middleweight. Needs to improve that TDD and not fight wrestlers

It was pretty clear to anyone not victim to a certain fetish that his win over Souza was a fluke and that he would be a flash in the pan at best.

Back