Bad Night for Rogan(opinion). Will he be joining Hardy at the exit door

26 + 6 = 1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
First off, i am not a Rogan hater. I love his podcast and think he is very knowledgeable on most topics,and i appreciate how we calls the woke lefty brigade out on their crap.

But this was a bad bad night of commentary for Joe. Is he now outdated and are his days numbered in the modern UFC.
1. Biased commentary in main event. First 3 rounds were clearly close on the feet. Judges scored to Jan and Jan led on signifcant strikes but listening to Rogan you'd think Adesanya was dominating. Cormier 'this is a close fight on the feet,Jan is doing well' Rogan ' Adesanya is clearly winning' Cormier 'Ok Joe'
Cutting off Dom. 'im sorry this became a political broadcast' Dom ' This is monster energy Joe, its not political' WTF Joe political broadcast.
3. 'Drew Dober is the most underrated fighter in the UFC.' Dober proceeds to get absolutely dominated. No takedowns defended, hardly lands a strike and gives up when choke is barely in.
4. Askarov Bro-Science. When told Askarov is 80% deaf he goes into a 2 minute spiel about how that may increase his other senses. Comes on, this is an elite organisation PPV broadcast and we are getting some 10 year old bro-science narrative. Leave that stuff for your podcast. That sort of talk is z level analysis.
5. And how can i forget when he referenced Jan fighting at 185 in the post fight interview!!!!
I think he might have confused Jan with Kyzysztof Jotko (another Polish fighter

I thought Goldberg would be missed but in reality Anik is clearly 10 times better a commentator and the decision was overdue.
Could it be the same with Rogan. Should he now go ? And if he goes will we realise when he goes that it was long overdue.

Last edited:
Joe-Rogan-1.png

I’ve gone 360 on Rogan back to thinking he is an absolute moron.
His comments during the Jan v Adesanya fight were nowhere near as bad as what people have made out though. Up until the midway point of the fourth round the fight was even with Adesanya arguably a shade ahead. Then Jan took over.

His performance last saturday was a travesty and I think he should be called out for it and hopefully he will recognize and apologize like he did after Khabib v. Iaquinta.

That said, his ties with the UFC and DW are very deep, def much deeper than Dan Hardy's and Goldberg's ever were. He also has a huge platform with his podcast that is very beneficial to the UFC. They might nudge him towards the door but I don't think they ever give him the boot if he is unwilling to leave.

Last edited:
Isn’t the thing about the senses somewhat true though?

What is he supposed to say about Dober? Hey here we got a decent fighter with a punchers chance to win?

Also Izzy - Jan fight was close until those takedowns.

You are better off just listening to some of the fight companion channels on youtube. That's usually what I do.

However I would love if there would be an option to turn off the commentators, but to still have sound in the octagon with the fighters. But UFC is just a billion-dollar company so that will never happen.

Main event was really bad. I think Joe was getting caught up in how “pretty” and smooth Israel’s technique is compared to Jan who is somewhat lumbering. This gave him a false impression Israel was the far superior striker and caused him to miss what actually matters, which is actually landing shots. He hyper focused on what Izzy was doing, overreacting to everything and not even mentioning what Jan was doing.

Doubtful he'll be gone. He dosen't cause like actual drama at events. He just causes forum/twitter drama by being ridiculous. But he's still such a huge name at this point to have associated with their broadcast. Not to mention he's usually ball hugging the guys Dana would want him to ball hug anyways. So long as he dosen't start demanding huge appearance fees for them to use him they'll keep getting him cause he's a recognizable face to the world who knows a lot about MMA's history.

But there is still no reason for the UFC to fire him. Joe is not there to be smart and technical. He is there to keep casuals entertained. He is also there to make the cash cows look good. Job's done.

Why did they cut Dom off btw? I had no idea who he was calling out and thought it was weird that they literally cut him off mid-sentence.

Reactions: MGS
As much as people call him out for whatever a non racist alternative term to shilling is, I still think he's still too much of a fan to be impartial. He loves the Diaz boys. He claimed McGregor and Diaz 2, They were 1-1 after 2 rounds. I know Diaz came on strong at the end of round 2 but he was dropped multiple times. Surely if Joe was shilling for anyone it would have been the golden goose, McGregor.
That's some stupid fanboy shit right there. I know he gets excited but that's the kind of analysis you'd expect in a bar.

Isn’t the thing about the senses somewhat true though?

What is he supposed to say about Dober? Hey here we got a decent fighter with a punchers chance to win?

Also Izzy - Jan fight was close until those takedowns.
I agree the fight was very close before the takedowns. The point is listening to Joe would have you thinking Adesanya was dominating when that was not the case.

He can give an honest opinion of Dober and hype him up somewhat but to call a guy the most underrated in the sport and then have him completed decimated shows him up and makes you wonder how much research he puts into his job now. He has so much going on and so much cash that he probably just turns up fight night now and spouts of whatever first comes into his head.

The fans deserve more. Guys like Felder,Cruz and Anik will spend hours watching tape and give us the fans/consumers useful insights.

When told Askarov is 80% deaf he goes into a 2 minute spiel about how that may increase his other senses.
That's actually true though; it's a result of neuroplasticity which is the brain's ability to adapt. For example, in people who are blind, the visual cortex of the brain configures itself to process auditory information instead, which gives them a better ability to locate where sounds are coming from (which is why blind people tend to have pretty good spatial awareness despite being unable to see). This has been proven in fMRI studies that compare which parts of the brain light up during various tasks in visually-impaired people and healthy controls.

None of that takes away from your point, though. Rogan's commentary was abysmal at 259. I couldn't believe how many times he mentioned that Jan kept biting feints. Yeah, falling for feints can eat up a bit of your energy but it doesn't do any damage or score any points so why keep bringing it up? On paper Jan was landing more strikes, and on top of that his strikes seemed noticeably louder/harder than Izzy's too. I scored it 4-1 for Jan, giving Izzy only the third round, but I can even see how it could go 5-0 to Jan based on the fact that he outstruck Izzy every round.

Rogan is a garbage commentator because he brings his biases into his job. Yeah, many of us also saw Izzy as the next Anderson Silva and thought Jan was a journeyman for most of his career, but none of that matters when they actually fight. I'm just glad the judges scored it properly. Also, Dana can f off with his nonsense about "there's no way anyone could have scored it 4-1". Your boy lost, get over it. Don't take it out on the judges the one time they actually got it right.

Rogan would have to pull an OJ Simpson to get fired. he's worth a shit ton of money to the UFC for his promotion of them

Agreed, except I find Joe to be a doofus in general. I had to laugh at the Dober comment. So over the top.

Unfortunately the answer is no. Rogan helps bring in the casuals and Dana values that over everything.

Back