Why is media so anti Herb?

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When Herb doesn't stop the fight on the perfect time, he inmediately gets flamed by media. I know he has made some bad decisions, but he also reffed over 3000 fights. Is Herb really statistically worse than Lonely Tognoni, Keith Peterson, Mark Smith etc?

It's not the media. It's the fans.

Herb has made some bad calls and good calls. What I DO notice is when he makes a less than optimal call people treat it like it's the end of the world.

It's because he does it all the time. It's not just one bad call here and there. He'll make multiple mistakes on one card.

He really is a terrible ref.

Herb has reffed so many fights that making mistakes is inevitable. Unfortunately he's had a couple very memorable ones and some in close succession. Refereeing isn't as easy as it looks though.

They all seem to be doing shitty jobs at the moment with Herzog being the only real exception.
Yeah Herzog quietly goes about his business without controversy, sometimes i think this is why he falls under the radar with regard to referee conversations but he's very good at his job.

Yeah Herzog quietly goes about his business without controversy, sometimes i think this is why he falls under the radar with regard to referee conversations but he's very good at his job.

I noticed during one of the fights that when a headkick landed but the dude just ate it, that he was in a perfect place to intervene quickly had it KO'd him.

Very good ref. Seems to focus a lot on being in shape so he can intervene quickly if he needs to too.

When Herb doesn't stop the fight on the perfect time, he inmediately gets flamed by media. I know he has made some bad decisions, but he also reffed over 3000 fights. Is Herb really statistically worse than Lonely Tognoni, Keith Peterson, Mark Smith etc?
He’s been on a streak lately of really tough fights.

I noticed during one of the fights that when a headkick landed but the dude just ate it, that he was in a perfect place to intervene quickly had it KO'd him.

Very good ref. Seems to focus a lot on being in shape so he can intervene quickly if he needs to too.
Saw him stuff a takedown as well a while ago, fighter was rocked and the fight called off, fighter went for a takedown on Herzog due to brain scramblization and Herzog stuffed it with a lovely sprawl.

Saw him stuff a takedown as well a while ago, fighter was rocked and the fight called off, fighter went for a takedown on Herzog due to brain scramblization and Herzog stuffed it with a lovely sprawl.

FLW champ with a couple of months training it sounds like.

The media has always been anti-herb. Just tradition I guess.

71OeFMPfAQL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Been a inconsistent ref for the better part of the past decade.

seems like he hesitates more and more often. it didnt cause any extra damage this time, but someones gonna get really hurt badly

Back