Joe Rogan's actions showed that he himself knew that Sterling faked it

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
That's the only explanation he interviewed him.
That's quite obvious NOT to interview a person who was finished by strikes - illegal or not.

Of course Sterling faked it! Don’t get me wrong the knee was fucking brutal, BUT the guy is a pro fighter and if the knee had been legal I can guarantee you he wouldn’t have been scrambling around looking all dizzy on the mat, he would have stayed in the fight no doubt

Drama aside the fight result w@s as it should be. It’s fine, Yans going nowhere.

Of course Sterling faked it! Don’t get me wrong the knee was fucking brutal, BUT the guy is a pro fighter and if the knee had been legal I can guarantee you he wouldn’t have been scrambling around looking all dizzy on the mat, he would have stayed in the fight no doubt
Scrambling dizzy getting hit by yan until the ref stepped in to stop it

that was clearly an illegal knee, and yan has no one to blame but himself.

however, sterling clearly wasn't as hurt as he was letting on.

i expected them to deduct a point, but sterling was not going to let that go.

they will rematch and yan will beat the shit out of him.

Faked what? That knee was fucking huge and Sterling was also super gassed. We may praise Lionheart for what he did, but the sensible thing is to take the win, get the belt and guarantee yourself a big cheque for the rematch. What Yan did was absolutely retarded and he deserves the loss. It's even worse than the Jones thing. At least Jones tried to hit the body. What was Yan thinking? What was he trying to hit? Sterling's shoulder? Insane.

Man, I wouldn't have even put on a show. I would have stood up and told the ref to stop the fight and give me the belt lmao. He doesn't have to continue the fight after a disregard for rules from his opponent this blatant.
In all seriousness though, they should have called it for him anyway. Why let him decide? Just call the DQ

Seen hundreds of viscious KO's and nobody was still stumbling around 10 minutes later like Sterling lol

Actually, I DID see.
But in any case, I doubt Rogan would have even thought to interview him.

Iirc Joe Rogan said “oh no” when Aljo showed up on the screen. He didn’t want to interview him. He learned his lesson from interviewing concussed fighters.

even if aljo faked/exaggerated, it was the right thing to do. He was compromised due to the illegal action of his opponent. He has no obligation to continue after that.

even if aljo faked/exaggerated, it was the right thing to do. He was compromised due to the illegal action of his opponent. He has no obligation to continue after that.

In this case, a figher who decides not to continue needs to announce that he CANNOT continue. He cannot say "I don't want to continue because I'm not obliged".
Meaning - he has to fake

If I were Cejudo, I'd jump right back
If I were Cejudo I wouldn't have left when I did, I wouldn't have overplayed my hand badly and I wouldn't comeback right now as if he decides to comeback immediately he's not getting an automatic title shot as the UFC will clearly be running this fight back and would more than likely say face TJ at 135 instead.

Back