Almost 20 years later, Prodigy is the only fighter who had guts to move up and fight dominant champ

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Android and Adesenya didn't have guts to move up and face the best in LHW. I do think Jan is much, much tougher fight than Forrest though, but it wasn't that long ago Jan seemed like a gimme fight for Luke Rockhold. (With that said Jan has a very good chance I think, it could go either way, but Jan is no Jon Jones)

Khabib fought many many times at welterweight but doesn't have it in him to move up a weight class and retired with rather thin top 10 wins.

Daniel Cormier was 250+ pounds heavyweight who wasn't sure he could cut to LHW and fought more at heavyweight than he did light heavy before moving up to face Stipe.

Cejudo fought TJ at flyweight.

GSP fought Bisping lol, just like Conor fought Eddie. This is probably what Israel is trying to do, but Jan is more dangerous than Bisping or Eddie in my opinion.

Prodigy has been looking so bad for years it looks like Andy Wang might handle him, but in his prime, he probably was as good as anyone under welterweight other than prime GSP.

Performance wise Jan is way better than any version of Edward and Michael

Yeah

Beating Michael Bisping and Eddie for GSP and Conor isn't really much in my opinion. Beating Jan is better but still Jan was considered a gimme fight for Luke Rockhold not that long ago.

Jan is much more dangerous than Bisping and Eddie, this fight could go either way I think, but it's hilarious Israel talked all that shit but only had guts to move up when Jon Jones is gone. LMFAO.

Erm you say DC was a 250+ LHW? Hahahaha cmon man he was a small HW and a decent sized LHW who moved back up against a dominant champ.

Also CCC became a double champ by beating Marlon Moraes not TJ. He wasn't dominant champ but was definitely a force

Erm you say DC was a 250+ LHW? Hahahaha cmon man he was a small HW and a decent sized LHW who moved back up against a dominant champ.

Also CCC became a double champ by beating Marlon Moraes not TJ. He wasn't dominant champ but was definitely a force

Delusional

Aldo wanted to fight Anthony Pettis but the UFC blocked him.
Conor also beat Eddie who's UFC champ run was short but the dude is a top 5 LW ever and has a insane resume.

Aldo wanted to fight Anthony Pettis but the UFC blocked him.
Conor also beat Eddie who's UFC champ run was short but the dude is a top 5 LW ever and has a insane resume.

I don't know about that

Maybe because in the aformention fights the size dynamic wasnt so... dynamic. GSP bulked up to fight 'Ping. Connor is PROBOBLY the same walkimg size if not bigger than Alvarez. True, BJ did go up in weight -o forget lhw or hw - against Machida and various forays into welterweight, but he prolly just didnt cut any weight and weighed in at the limit. Also... i dunno. Seems like less was at stake when BJ did it: maybe because he never took it as seriously, maybe because he didnt ever have that 0 in the win column. Maybe because the size discrepency was never that evident. Just seems like tmrw nights is pretty historic: its essentially MW vs. LHW as opposes to a MW moving up to figjt a LHW.

Conor simply stopped weight bullying because he figured his body was about to give him a fuk you and it wasn’t feasible. Conor has a genetic ability to cut more than others. Guys like Khabib and dc don’t have the best genes for it. If we all had the same genetic ability for extreme weight cuts no one would be fat. Yes there’s physics involved but anytime you want to do something at an extreme magnitude genetics are a factor.

Conor simply moved up to his rightful weight division and had a ts handed to him that he never earned. And his record in his division is horrendous. 1-2 isn’t special. Also he had to mentally weaken his opponents and get in their heads to inflate his record. For a guy who loves excuses he should consider that as well and that none of his opponents Poirier 2 and Cerrone corpse aside were at their best mental level.

Meanwhile GSP moved up to a weight division with fighters much bigger than him and fought a guy who KOd Rockhold and beat Silva. How tf is that cherry picking? Woulda been nice to see Silva get smoked by GSP but any arguments about Silva being better should be put to rest seeing how much Chael dominated him and the fact he lost to Bisping while GSP choked him to sleep. Levels.

If Luke wanted to fight GSP same thing. Win your fucking fight or shut up about this easy competition crap.

I this really the time for this discussion? The prelims already started, and are delivering <{JustBleed}>

Android and Adesenya didn't have guts to move up and face the best in LHW. I do think Jan is much, much tougher fight than Forrest though, but it wasn't that long ago Jan seemed like a gimme fight for Luke Rockhold. (With that said Jan has a very good chance I think, it could go either way, but Jan is no Jon Jones)

Khabib fought many many times at welterweight but doesn't have it in him to move up a weight class and retired with rather thin top 10 wins.

Daniel Cormier was 250+ pounds heavyweight who wasn't sure he could cut to LHW and fought more at heavyweight than he did light heavy before moving up to face Stipe.

Cejudo fought TJ at flyweight.

GSP fought Bisping lol, just like Conor fought Eddie. This is probably what Israel is trying to do, but Jan is more dangerous than Bisping or Eddie in my opinion.

Prodigy has been looking so bad for years it looks like Andy Wang might handle him, but in his prime, he probably was as good as anyone under welterweight other than prime GSP.
BK is a scrub

Back