I feel like the Islam fight is being overlooked

Rocket Punch

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Due to how stacked this card is, I barely see anybody talk about that fight. It would probably be a main or co-main on a fight-night otherwise

So who you got? Does anybody think Dober can derail the Great Dagestani Hope?

He has an entire country and religion behind him. He’s not overlooked.

Well he’s still a 10-15 fighter, fighting another 10-15 fighter. There are 3 title fights on the card. With a double champ. And another fighter trying to become one. What do you expect?

He has the potential to be the next champion, unfortunately his personality is absolutely unmarketable so UFC will make him win at least 5 more fights before giving him a title shot.

On the other side they should promote more Drew Dobber, he is a very good looking guy and we all know that us Sherdoggers fall in love with handsome men.

he's being touted as the next best thing and then hardly fights. i've seen more highlight reels of him doing things at AKA than actual fight highlights.

i'm rooting for him though. but he's going to have to be spectacular to fill khabibs shoes. he needs a 30-26 or finish

You've got 3 big title fights. It's getting its fair due.

Islam needs his breakouts moment before he gets that mass appeal push. They've given him the forum to do this - opening fight on a huuugggeeee PPV.
Let's see how he goes

Drew is tuff.
Islam needa a k.o. or early sub and great call out after.

Due to how stacked this card is, I barely see anybody talk about that fight. It would probably be a main or co-main on a fight-night otherwise

I think the fight gets cancelled again like most Islam's fights

anybody else think he looked fucking massive next to Dober in the staredown?

He has the potential to be the next champion, unfortunately his personality is absolutely unmarketable so UFC will make him win at least 5 more fights before giving him a title shot.

On the other side they should promote more Drew Dobber, he is a very good looking guy and we all know that us Sherdoggers fall in love with handsome men.
If Khabib stays retired, he can fill that void that Khabib left behind. They will market him to Khabib's fanbase. Which is also the reason why Dana doesn't want Khabib to retire, he doesn't want to lose that fanbase and demographic.

I don’t think many people are interested in him that much in general.

The other 3 fights on the card are championship fights, and Rakic could fight for a title in his next fight assuming he beats Santos, Islam still has a way to go before hes getting offered a title shot, that's probably why.

Really hope Dober details this ‘hype train’
Can’t see it though

Cuz Islam never fkin fights. Were all still new to the whole idea

580469.jpg

That's what happens when there's 3 title fights on the same card, a former champ in Cruz fighting and Islam is fighting Drew Dober.

Back